Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canceling a contract with in its contract

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    so i dont know who to ask but im in a radiculas sistuation

i got sky in sept
    since i got it it hasnt worked properly 80% of the time you cant watch anything the receiption is that bad

ive phoned countless times with no avil for them to come replace my box which has been adviously supplied faulty

after 6 months of paying fo a service which im not getting and contacting them spending further money to call them constantly

i rang today to cancel my contract on these terms but they wont let me

wot the hell
    surely this is ilegal

wot should i do now ?
    Not sure, but you could ask in Citizens Advice or check with www.nca.ie
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

Reviews

i got sky in sept
    since i got it it hasnt worked properly 80% of the time you cant watch anything the receiption is that bad

ive phoned countless times with no avil for them to come replace my box which has been adviously supplied faulty

after 6 months of paying fo a service which im not getting and contacting them spending further money to call them constantly

wot the hell
    surely this is ilegal

wot should i do now ?
    First thing i would do is contact the Irish Consumer Agency, www.nca.ie

They're well used to this stuff and i remember them dealing with Chorus (now Ntl) on similar contractual things
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

Reviews

Go into your bank and give them in writting a letter to cancel the Direct Debit, in the mean time call and reduce the amount of channels you have to an absolute minimum, you are contracted for a year but not to the amount you pay..

Reviews

I would check it but a contract is a two way thing, they did not supply the service contracted for so would be in breach in my opinion. Simplest thing is to cancel the direct debit and let them come back to you when it itsn't paid. I would check with the consumers association but if the service wasn't correct then they failed in the contract before you cancelled it.

I had a similar situation, with sky wind blew dish out of position, made appointment for technical call out which was going to cost me 120 euro, they didn't turn up as arranged so I let it lapse and didn't pay. Got a call from call centre, I explained that I hadn't been recieving the service and that I was outside of my initial contract period anyway. It was passed up the line to the supervisor and nothing more was heard.

The consumers association should be able to give you correct advice, if you are in a hurry Dermot Jewel is on Q104 at 6 this evening you might be able to email your query in to him and get an answer on air.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Sky are an absolute nightmare to deal with, my contract had ended and yet i still had to jump through hoops to get them of my back, they were saying i still owed 22 e which i didnt and for them to disconnect it (eventually i just took the card out, cut it up and sent it back to them.
    I would argue the case that they havent fulfilled their end of the contract. If that fails i would take Anons advice set up new direct debit and get the cheapest package. Make sure Sky do not try to take both D/D which they did to me. Even if you cancel at the bank, they can set up another D/D on the same account.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

can they do anything if i just cancel the bank payment ?

i really dont think i should be paying them anything since im not recieveing the service
    They can send you letters and cut you off, reply back with why you cancled payment and they have to fix it or shut up, if you ignore and have no record of contacting them then you could be liable for the balance owed till the end of contract..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Again agree with Anon, but make sure you write to them why you are cancelling and stopping the direct debit.(Send registered if you want proof of delivery. Be a bit careful, make sure you have copies of correspondence etc, because they can put you on a credit blacklist.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

i got sky in sept

wot the hell
    surely this is ilegal

wot should i do now ?
    wouldnt know i never had to deal with sky. but when ya do manage to get rid of them get your self a free to air decoder they dont cost much and you get all the bbc's itv's ch4's ch5's and a plenty of others and never have to pay a bill again and it works from the same dish so setup is simple and cheap as you already have the dish in place.

Reviews

You should also take the time to record (as best you can) all phone calls, e-mails, letters etc.

The date, what you requested, the response and what happened afterwards i.e. nothing

In a case like this it's good to be able to list off all the times you've complained.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BACMAN36 For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (20-02-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Also suggest that if you talk to anyone else to try to get them to fix it you get their name (ask them to spell the first and second name), ask them to verfiy the time of the call etc. I would give them a time limit to fix it and use the specific phrase "time is of the essence" when explaining this. Essentially this puts the conversation on a legal footing ..... it will also freak out the poor call centre drone at the end of the phone who may kick the problem to someone who can actually do something about it. Probably won't get too far with sky as the love playing hardball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast