Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It finally happened. I knocked on the wrong door!

Default It finally happened. I knocked on the wrong door!

( Most US Punting happens in hotels.. I didn't author below but have found myself in a similar situation a few times... I'm surmising some of those large apt blocks complexes can get confusing...)

I am very paranoid about getting the room number right. When I get the call for the room number, I repeat it back to her 3 times. The third time I say each digit individually, for example "four, five, six" for room number 456. She must think I'm crazy or stupid or something. lol. It's just my ADD. I am the master of repeat, confirm and clarify to compensate.

So I knock and this male voice answers and says "Who are you? What do you want?" Shocked, I meekly mutter my name. His stern response: "Go away". And so I did, and quickly. I am thinking it's her pimp and he doesn't like my look. I am a bit shaken and head back to my car to go over to the local mini-mart, to relax, and to make the call to the bullpen. As I'm leaving I notice the hotel nearby has a very very similar name. Yep, holy crap on a cracker. ADD boy you did it again. Wrong hotel.
    Last edited by Franken996; 19-02-12 at 19:53.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

bandithorny32 (19-02-12), harry10 (19-02-12), mer (19-02-12), Morpheus (21-02-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    ( Most US Punting happens in hotels.. I didn't author below but have found myself in a similar situation a few times... I'm surmising some of those large apt blocks complexes can get confusing...)

I am very paranoid about getting the room number right. When I get the call for the room number, I repeat it back to her 3 times. The third time I say each digit individually, for example "four, five, six" for room number 456. She must think I'm crazy or stupid or something. lol. It's just my ADD. I am the master of repeat, confirm and clarify to compensate.

So I knock and this male voice answers and says "Who are you? What do you want?" Shocked, I meekly mutter my name. His stern response: "Go away". And so I did, and quickly. I am thinking it's her pimp and he doesn't like my look. I am a bit shaken and head back to my car to go over to the local mini-mart, to relax, and to make the call to the bullpen. As I'm leaving I notice the hotel nearby has a very very similar name. Yep, holy crap on a cracker. ADD boy you did it again. Wrong hotel.
    haha good man yourself lol something similar happened to me with an appartment block in dublin b4 lol she told me were to go and me been so stupid in that damn city lol i hear a door buzz and it opens so away i walk around the whole appartment looking for a door that doesnt exist lol i felt like an ass haha i ring up and say ya there is no no what you said here pmsl sure dopey me was in the wrong building haha

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

Reviews

Got the number of the apartment reversed once eg 513 instead of 315 (not the real no's). Thankfully there was nobody in the first apartment.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12), mer (19-02-12), Morpheus (21-02-12)

It's easier to do this in the States than might be apparent e.g. on one edge of NYC there's gansey loads of hotels some of which have very similar names eg Embassy Inn & Embassy Suites are across the road from each other !! ;->

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

mer (19-02-12)

Reviews

It's easier to do this in the States than might be apparent e.g. on one edge of NYC there's gansey loads of hotels some of which have very similar names eg Embassy Inn & Embassy Suites are across the road from each other !! ;->
    haha i dont think i wud be able to punt if i was in new york the size of that fecking place lol its hard enough for me in dublin pmsl ........ mer in new york = massive diaster haha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

Reviews

Ah yes. Sure who hasnt done that. Highly embarrassing. I just turn on me heel and retreat promptly.
    Bada Bing!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

I nearly got badly caught in dundalk years ago.Sometimes i would be visiting agirl once week at the time coz it suited for alot of reasons.One evening rang as asusual had been there week b4 or thought i had lady on phone said go to point a and its across
    the road thought same appartment 23 rang buzzer afew times next thing african lady landed down clatter of children hanging out of her
    followed her to door i was thinkin this cud be arum depot.Last minute copped made excuses left rang back they had moved to pedestrian street about 200 yards away no23 igot there ur woman was in stitches but worth had great time.
    bandithorny32
    Last edited by bandithorny32; 19-02-12 at 20:43.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bandithorny32 For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

Reviews

imagine if you knocked on the wrong door but someone you knew answered. Awkward

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Apr For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

I went to the wrong hotel in dublin a few years ago luckily the room number the lady gave me was no existant in the hotel i went to she waS also kind enough to wait until i made my way to the correct venue , ever since i am paronoid about both getting clear directions and visiting hotels

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mcgyver For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

Reviews

Could have been worse Franken,he could have open the door,dragged you inside and made mad pasionate love to you all because you were in the wrong hotel,can only guess at the look on your face.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-02-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast