Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

Reviews

Default Suggestion

Lots of clients get very annoyed over reviews getting put up and then deleted.
    Would it not be better if the mods who check them took a bit more time and if they are unhappy with some or all of the content to contact the author and get them to edit the contents so that it can be put up and left so?
    Just a thought that's all

Cheers.

rincewind
    ”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

As long as the review is respectful (albeit not proven fake either) regardless of how the appointment went, I presume it would be left alone.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    As long as the review is respectful (albeit not proven fake either) regardless of how the appointment went, I presume it would be left alone.
    My point is that issues with a review should be sorted before it's put up to avoid it having to be removed later and this may avoid pissing people off (pardon my French )
    And yes for the record this has happened to me. But thanks to Tom I got an explanation as to why
    I just think this may improve things.
    ”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

Reviews

We do take a lot of time on each review. Sometimes someone will contact us or report a review and we have to look at it. We are only human and go through a lot of reviews a week. It's only natural that we don't spot everything. The main thing is it gets sorted in the end.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

TomEA (09-02-12)

Reviews

I take it that's a no then.
    That was a waste of time.
    It appears that EI is not for changing.
    So we will continue on the same old merry go around.
    Members will continue to get annoyed with lack of change to the point that they loose it and what happens then. They get banned an easy way out rather than put in the effort to improve things.

I presume you were not asked about your review, to change it in some way because your review was disrespectful to say the least. I thought some of the comments, quite literally disgusted me and the fact that you think you should have been 'warned' says a lot more about your reviewing style than it does about our system.
    Last edited by TomEA; 09-02-12 at 12:38.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

Hi Tom
    Fair enough I wrote that review without a calm head.
    But my point is if a review is that bad why allow it to be put up in the first place. Contact the author tell them it's not going to be put up in it's current format any give a chance for reflection and change it so that it can be put up and left so
    And no I wasn't contacted regarding the content of my review. If I was I would have taken on board the advise and altered the content. As I said I was annoyed at the time. Really I should have waited. So fair enough. I don't want to appear as a pig here.

Maybe the review went under the radar the first time around. There are a lot of reviews that come through on daily basis and not a lot of man power to get through them all but I commend the two as they do a great job at the moment.
    Realistically, I would appreciate (myself) that no one would write a review with a hot head, or post or anything along the lines, remembering once its on here, its always here.

Anyway, we frequently look at our systems so I am sure if there is a problem with the current review system, it will be brought up in a meeting.
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

I'm just after checking and your review was activated without a moderator activating it. Sometimes this happens. That seems to have happened here and was noticed afterwards.

When I see a review like this myself and I know John does too that has to be deleted we usually inform the reviewer.
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 09-02-12 at 12:48.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I'm just after checking and your review was activated without a moderator activating it. Sometimes this happens. That seems to have happened here and was noticed afterwards.

When I see a review like this myself and I know John does too that has to be deleted we usually inform the reviewer.
    Than explains a lot thanks. I wasn't informed about it being deleted but that's ok. I think I understand now a bit better how things work. Perhaps you should look to increase your man power to help you guys make things easier and perhaps better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast