Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europe v America

Reviews

Default Europe v America

Europe and North America are the only two continents I know much about. Europe has many sovereign states, no federal control, many languages, many cultures, many foods, more than one currency. America has one of everything, a lot more similarities across 50 states under a federal government.

Personally I prefer America, but that's only because I'm a boring bastard who likes everything to be the same. I'd feel far more comfortable travelling across America knowing what to expect around every corner than travelling across Europe not knowing what's coming next.

What about you ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (27-01-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think we underestimate how similar European countries are. Living here, we see mostly differences. Spend a while in East Asia and you will realise that Europeans have a lot of things in common that we don't really notice while here.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I think we underestimate how similar European countries are. Living here, we see mostly differences. Spend a while in East Asia and you will realise that Europeans have a lot of things in common that we don't really notice while here.
    a love of sex tourism?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12)

I love Europe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to angeika For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Europe and North America are the only two continents I know much about. Europe has many sovereign states, no federal control, many languages, many cultures, many foods, more than one currency. America has one of everything, a lot more similarities across 50 states under a federal government.

Personally I prefer America, but that's only because I'm a boring bastard who likes everything to be the same. I'd feel far more comfortable travelling across America knowing what to expect around every corner than travelling across Europe not knowing what's coming next.

What about you ?
    Visit the continent and the U.S. every year.

Europe wins hands down for me!

It has culture and history, and such variety. Plus the girls are hotter!!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12), dark-knight (27-01-12)

Reviews

Give me France any day. Love the place only one draw back it's full of French people
    ”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rincewind For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12), Big-Paul (27-01-12)

Reviews

It's a personality thing I guess. I don't feel comfortable in a place where I don't understand the local language and totally different customs etc. For all I know it might be an insult to offer a handshake somewhere and I'd have no idea. Personal ignorance is the root of it I guess, still I've no inclination to know all these different things as I don't find them in any way interesting or enriching.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    It's a personality thing I guess. I don't feel comfortable in a place where I don't understand the local language and totally different customs etc. For all I know it might be an insult to offer a handshake somewhere and I'd have no idea. Personal ignorance is the root of it I guess, still I've no inclination to know all these different things as I don't find them in any way interesting or enriching.
    I'd be the exact opposite. Love the idea of different cultures, customs etc. learning about handshake or no handshake is exciting for my little mind

Have never been to the state though.......someday.

It's good that we're different, makes the world go around.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BACMAN36 For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12), Morpheus (27-01-12), Stephanie (27-01-12)

Reviews

Its the good old US of A for me everytime, Southern California in particular has everything you could ever want from Stunning scenery in the mountains to the incredible girls on the coast.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue8671 For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12), Stephanie (27-01-12)

Reviews

Overall North America is one of the dullest continents I have been to. It has some good points but nothing that would make it great.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Banjo (27-01-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast