Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Government considers dole time limit

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    haha id say u might get a mars bar and a can of coke

but i do think in the celtic tiger years this should have been introduce and also a cap on how many children are payed for by the state, if u cannot afford your children stop breeding! i am not talking about hard working families who have now fallen on hard times but the ones who are work shy recession or not and sit on there holes breeding to get more benifits and bigger councils houses!

the working and tax contributor in this country gets f all when they need it but when u have not worked a day in your life you get everything handed to you, and if ur a 17 year old girl your nearly encourged to have a child and be an unwed mother its a joke!

i may get slammed for the child benifit remark but the world has enough people,
    if you have no job, no money, dont have kids until you can afford to provide for them! and yes accidents happen
    but come on i know of girls who sleep around, who have never had sex WITH a condom!

but then again i am a believer that schools should give condoms out, there having sex at least be safe and give girls advice on contraceptives such as pill etc, this country is fair too unfair to working class faimilys who try to better themselves and too soft on those who abuse the system!

also i find it hilarious in this day in age, with rampent stds, aids etc that condoms in this country are still taxed as a luxury item???? fecking madness
    if everybody thought like that tho there would be no mer i would not exist lol
    but i know what your saying hun, i know lots of people who are popping babies out like water balloons and there not even able to look after themselfs!! i know people who just sit there all day a bit like myself somedays lol but i look around and as it is a small town there is fuck all jobs here, and i cant exactly move anywhere with no money to find anything! it makes ya sick tho with all those lazy bastards if they wernt so fucking lazy there might be more dole money in the pot lol its fucking hard living off 100 a week and its not something im proud of i dont go out drinking or have fun cause then i wud not be able to see any ladies lol somedays you just feel like blown your head off cause feel your worth nothing, nothing even tesco will not employ me or dunnes or xtravision or boots or sportsavers or lifestyle sports or spar or the bowling alley or cineama and not even mcdonalds and many many more too much to mention!! i quess thats what i get for living in such a shitty small town

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    if everybody thought like that tho there would be no mer i would not exist lol
    but i know what your saying hun, i know lots of people who are popping babies out like water balloons and there not even able to look after themselfs!! i know people who just sit there all day a bit like myself somedays lol but i look around and as it is a small town there is fuck all jobs here, and i cant exactly move anywhere with no money to find anything! it makes ya sick tho with all those lazy bastards if they wernt so fucking lazy there might be more dole money in the pot lol its fucking hard living off 100 a week and its not something im proud of i dont go out drinking or have fun cause then i wud not be able to see any ladies lol somedays you just feel like blown your head off cause feel your worth nothing, nothing even tesco will not employ me or dunnes or xtravision or boots or sportsavers or lifestyle sports or spar or the bowling alley or cineama and not even mcdonalds and many many more too much to mention!! i quess thats what i get for living in such a shitty small town

at least u want to work, u just need confidence mer and yes i wudnt get work in my small town at home
    and i am a degree holder with years of experience ranging form underwriting to bar work, i have also told u to think outside the box, i may have said before but bill cullen is one of my heros came form nothing no education and look at him and started when times where hard and there was no money also yes this recession is worse as we now have so much debt

but apply for jobs in dublin c if u get something, stay in a hostel for a few weeks if u get anything and then rent a room somewhere i am for postive thinking and been creative likes what stopping u getting on a bike wash windows etc, they will be harvesting soon go to farms etc

my first job was gutting fish of the trawlers, i got good at it found out they where underpaying me got more money and another boat and got another lad my age with me if i got £5 a box id give him £3 for every box he did, i was 11
    i chanced my arm and had a nice earner for the summer sitting in the sun at the local pier

and dont give me they dont like you a good worker is a good worker

nothing ventured nothing gained
    Last edited by saoirsemac; 24-01-12 at 14:43.
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

3. The Following User Says Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

mer (24-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    at least u want to work, u just need confidence mer and yes i wudnt get work in my small town at home
    and i am a degree holder with years of experience ranging form underwriting to bar work, i have also told u to think outside the box, i may have said before but bill cullen is one of my heros came form nothing no education and look at him and started when times where hard and there was no money also yes this recession is worse as we now have so much debt

but apply for jobs in dublin c if u get something, stay in a hostel for a few weeks if u get anything and then rent a room somewhere i am for postive thinking and been creative likes what stopping u getting on a bike wash windows etc, they will be harvesting soon go to farms etc

my first job was gutting fish of the trawlers, i got good at it found out they where underpaying me got more money and another boat and got another lad my age with me if i got £5 a box id give him £3 for every box he did, i was 11
    i chanced my arm and had a nice earner for the summer sitting in the sun at the local pier

and dont give me they dont like you a good worker is a good worker

nothing ventured nothing gained
    its getting to a point now hun where i will have to try and move somewhere cause ya would loose the will to live doing nothing!!

Reviews

its a bit late closing da gate after da horse left,no jobs out der and sum pple are on da dole over 10years now,sure who would give them a job anyway,its easy to throw shit like dat out der but it wouldnt work,anyway its not da pples fault der is a recession,
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Govt 'considers time limit for dole recipients'

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 08:49 AM

It is reported the Government is considering a time limit for social welfare recipients to find an alternative to being on the dole.

According to reports in the Irish Daily Mail, those on social welfare will have their payments cut if they do not meet the deadline.

The report says that every unemployed person in the country will be given what is termed a "prediction of exit" date under the plan to be unveiled next week.

It is understood that if they fail to make progress by this date, they will be called to an interview to explain why and could have their benefits cut if they fail to cooperate.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ts-537068.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to itstimenow For This Useful Post:

mer (24-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by itstimenow View Post
    its a bit late closing da gate after da horse left,no jobs out der and sum pple are on da dole over 10years now,sure who would give them a job anyway,its easy to throw shit like dat out der but it wouldnt work,anyway its not da pples fault der is a recession,
    i'm not so sure. the troika is running the show here now, they come up
    with the dole. north of the border pays two people what we pay one...

Reviews

About bloody time too! Most other European countries do it so why can we. It might also stop social security numbers been sold to illegal immigrants as they would be worth less. Ireland even has dole offices in East European countries to pay dole to people who used to work here .... FFS

Reviews

During the boom years this should have been in. It's crazy now the measures that have been introduced. Where is the work now? Even people with jobs have had their hours cut.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

I agree there are people abusing the system, but there are a lot of people genuinely down on their luck needing help.
    We need a serious overhaul of this and much of the public service. Too many overpaid managers and not enough people on the ground doing the work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eugen For This Useful Post:

mer (24-01-12)

Reviews

wat arent you sure about? that the recession isnt the pples fault or that pple years on da dole wont be employed or that der idea wont work?
    Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i'm not so sure. the troika is running the show here now, they come up
    with the dole. north of the border pays two people what we pay one...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    During the boom years this should have been in. It's crazy now the measures that have been introduced. Where is the work now? Even people with jobs have had their hours cut.
    theres going to be some stubborn cases, no doubt, (nothing to be prould of). i think the message
    is: 'no more easy ride'. they litterally hassled people off the dole with similar schemes in the UK.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast