Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLVI

Default Super Bowl XLVI

Sure it's minor in IRL but after a Sunday of drama-filled conference championships, the Super Bowl XLVI match up is set, and the New York Giants and New England Patriots are headed to Indianapolis.

The trash talk has already started here... e.g.:
    Let's see....

This is the Patriots mascot...

And....

This is the Giants Mascot...

Score ANOTHER win for the Giants

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

BJ99 (23-01-12), harry10 (23-01-12), mer (23-01-12), MrNiceGuy2010 (24-01-12), westcorklad (23-01-12)

Reviews

OK let me have a think about which mascot I prefer.Decisions decisions.
    The Truth is out there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12)

Reviews

Watched both matches yesterday. Great finishes.

Still can't believe the Saints got done over last week. The perfect team for Tebow. lol

Should be a Pats win. Revenge for Super Bowl 42.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12)

Christ I hate American sports, American football, over 3 hours long and you’d be lucky if there’s actually 10 minutes of actual action. And all the analysis FFS who gives a feck how far some bloke ran on the pitch that year?
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12), mer (23-01-12)

Reviews

amercian football has to be the most boring sport to watch ever like litterally it wud bore you to death lol there is too much rules and too much stoppage time!!! like i dont think the play ever lasts over 1 minute lol there stopping every few seconds when they catch the ball, my god i dont understand how any1 cud watch that rubbish lol

rugby is the real game we dont wear them helmets and all that protection and its not half as boring cause there is not as much stopping time when they catch ball lol

rugby players would beat the shit out of them footballers lol

but hell i wud love to be an amercian footballer fuck me the money there on is unreal for such a shitty sport lol

bring on the babes haha
    Last edited by mer; 23-01-12 at 22:03.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12), JohnRambo (23-01-12)

Reviews

maybe the lads that like egg chasing(rugby) might be into it lol

jay67

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jay67 For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    amercian football has to be the most boring sport to watch ever like litterally it wud bore you to death lol there is too much rules and too much stoppage time!!! like i dont think the play ever lasts over 1 minute lol there stopping every few seconds when they catch the ball, my god i dont understand how any1 cud watch that rubbish lol

rugby is the real game we dont wear them helmets and all that protection and its not half as boring cause there is not as much stopping time when they catch ball lol

rugby players would beat the shit out of them footballers lol

but hell i wud love to be an amercian footballer fuck me the money there on is unreal for such a shitty sport lol

bring on the babes haha
    Have watched it since it was on Channel 4 in the late 80's. Much prefer it to rugby.
    College game is even more popular than the NFL. Colleges can fill 100,000 seater stadiums.

Money is pretty much similar now to the premiership
    Last years first round draft pick Cam Newton signed a $22 million four year deal.
    Nice if you can get it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12), mer (23-01-12)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Christ I hate American sports, American football, over 3 hours long and you’d be lucky if there’s actually 10 minutes of actual action. And all the analysis FFS who gives a feck how far some bloke ran on the pitch that year?
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Hear ya- they're huge on the 'stats' over here- "Tim Tebow holds the NFL record for scratching his balls on camera" etc..

The games are on for so long, of course it's not comparable to Rugby/Soccer etc.. I'm not a huge fan but will make this observation,
    If you study american football there's a hell of a lot more strategy than initially meets the eye.. & sure it's a good excuse to drink beer & scarf down a few chicken wings.

May be to going to a Superbowl/Punting Party this year... we'll see who gets to be ahem "Tight End"...
    Last edited by Franken996; 23-01-12 at 22:14.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
    Have watched it since it was on Channel 4 in the late 80's. Much prefer it to rugby.
    College game is even more popular than the NFL. Colleges can fill 100,000 seater stadiums.

Money is pretty much similar now to the premiership
    Last years first round draft pick Cam Newton signed a $22 million four year deal.
    Nice if you can get it.
    Anyone who saw Joe Montana's last minute drive against Denver in the late 80's wouldn't call the sport dull - probably got this messed up as memory not what it was... ok lots of it is dull, but same with all sports.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trugent For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (23-01-12), harry10 (23-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    Hear ya- they're huge on the 'stats' over here- "Tim Tebow holds the NFL record for scratching his balls on camera" etc..

The games are on for so long, of course it's not comparable to Rugby/Soccer etc.. I'm not a huge fan but will make this observation,
    If you study american football there's a hell of a lot more strategy than initially meets the eye.. & sure it's a good excuse to drink beer & scarf down a few chicken wings.

May be to going to a Superbowl/Punting Party this year... we'll see who gets to be ahem "Tight End"...
    Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the Superbowl the most watched single sporting event in the world?Also the costliest to book advertising time on whichever TV network broadcasts it?
    The Truth is out there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast