Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mediums & The Paranormal

Reviews

Default Mediums & The Paranormal

Years ago I had an argument with an uncle of mine whom I was very close to. It was over something really insignificant. Early next morning my mum woke me to say that he had died suddenly in his sleep that same night. I found it very difficult to cope with at that time as it was the first person close to me to passed away. ( lesson learnt …… never sleep on an argument )
    Seeking solace I was pointed in the direction of a medium. Now, at that time it really was not something that I believed or had much faith in. I went to see one and a lot that she told me was eerily true. Then she proceeded to make some predictions and to this day I still remember them. For example, she told me what age I’d marry, how many children I would father, their sex etc. SHE WAS CORRECT.
    She also gave me comfort from the grave so to speak.
    Do you believe mediums have this power? Or have you experienced anything similar?
    If asked ……. I would answer NO …….. but deep down I remember what I was told
    Last edited by wolfie; 06-01-12 at 21:53.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

imnotscotish (07-01-12)

Reviews

some have the ability and there are fakes IMO.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

Dont believe in voodoo my self

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

i never really understand all that stuff, but some people are very good at it that it wud give you the willys makes ya think !!

for all them non belivers give the ouiji board a try there will be shit marks on your eyes balls lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

I have seen the future and I'm it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

Mediums and the paranormal are subjects one should be careful of. Do not confuse these subjects with fortune teller and ouiji board nonsence. If you dont understand the power of mediums or the power of the paranormal, try to, but do not mock what you do not understand.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (07-01-12), imnotscotish (07-01-12), ladiesman217 (07-01-12), wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

The paranormal has always fascinated me. I've known people who've gone to these mediums (or whatever the professional term is) and the accuracy of their 'predictions' is borderline scary. I've always been tempted I must admit.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

utter bullshit

there, I've said it.

think Derren Brown, but without his integrity to say it's just a trick.

any accuracy is down to the predictability of human behaviour. It means you're a very staid and boring person. Like most other people, including me, so don't worry about it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BootSlick55 For This Useful Post:

moo (07-01-12), MrNiceGuy2010 (07-01-12), wolfie (07-01-12)

Horoscopes are accurate lots of the time too, but mostly because they're so ridiculously vague and ambiguous. I've no doubt some people are great at reading others and even coercing them (like the stuff Keith Barry does) but it's tricks and mind-games in the end. I'd say a lot of it is also people firstly trying to mould stuff they've heard into what actually happens to them (or even vice versa) and them focusing on just the bits that do 'come true' and forgetting the rest. If you're going to see one, go see five instead - take notes too and see just how familiar the predictions are. Hell, I bet someones probably done it already and written a book about it

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moo For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (07-01-12), wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

I agree totaly monkeyn. Am not talking about "carnival" fortune tellers. The lady I visited was in Youghal. I came away to a large degree very much at peace. As you say LM, it is borderline terrifying. Have never been to one since. There are small things in my life presently going on and it's cast my mind back to something she told me all those years ago

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast