Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: internet security

Reviews

Have to say find the free edition of AVG fine - I download loads of smut and never had a problem.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    well im on mcfee and let me tell you i download a shitload of movies lol and not 1 problem ever i have been using me laptop for a year and my internet secruity ran out and i cudnt be arsed buying a new 1 and id say i downloaded about 70 movies without any protection and nothing happened, but i just bought it just incase, they all work anyway go for the cheap ones they all do the same job and scan the computer! its all just a big money raquet
    Yes but people think viruses just fuck up your computer, most like yourself probably don't even know you've been infected. The majority of viruses if you could call them that nowadays are key loggers and remote access progrmas to use your computer to do other things such as take part in a DDOS attack using your bandwidth, that's why your PC slows down when infected.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    You did not just say that, Norton is probably one of the worst anti-virus packages going, only reason it's popular is it use to come already installed on most new PC so people stick to what they know and the company has a large base in Ireland and if that's not enough the likes of PC world and Curry's push it because they get great markups on it.
    As for AVG, might aswell use a condom with great big holes () in it as it would be as much use in protecting you from viruses. Loads of other options, I use Kaspesky but they have gone very commercial of late so I might try something else but it's still very good..
    I used Kaspesky for awhile, but i found it slowed everything down to much.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

imnotscotish (27-12-11)

Avg and the free download is as god as any. You can go bells and whistles but the free one is one of the best around.

Been using the avast freebie for years and never had a problem

thanks for all the advice guys, i'm very gratefull

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123