Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Time for Reflection..?????????

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I had a brain virus in my early 20s and am finding as I get closer to my 40s that I am making silly mistakes with regards to spelling and grammar and homonyms. I get really annoyed with myself when I revisit my posts to find I have written 'no' when I should have written 'know'.

The other thing I find hard to do, is absorb information where people have not used paragraphs. For me everything just merges and becomes a blur.

So... on reflection, I'm going to try really hard to preview my posts before sendng them off and hopefully avoid any embarrasment.
    Welll firstly "approaching 40" I pray that as I near that landmark, I hope I too will be blessed with your apparent youth retaining abilities, whether genetic or cause of the guilt free lives we no doubt both share, . I tooo suffer from a kind of Dylexia, the main symptom of which is failing to finish words, so I have to look back on everything i write very carefully, eg. that last sub sentance, read before editing; so i hav to look bac on everthin i writ ver crefuly. As you can see it is quite an affliction and whenever i write in ink it is a total diaster. Needless to say I had hell at school, but it made me learn much more after leaving than most would boter to do, so I suppose you could say it was a blessing in disguise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tatiania View Post
    Welll firstly "approaching 40" I pray that as I near that landmark, I hope I too will be blessed with your apparent youth retaining abilities, whether genetic or cause of the guilt free lives we no doubt both share, . I tooo suffer from a kind of Dylexia, the main symptom of which is failing to finish words, so I have to look back on everything i write very carefully, eg. that last sub sentance, read before editing; so i hav to look bac on everthin i writ ver crefuly. As you can see it is quite an affliction and whenever i write in ink it is a total diaster. Needless to say I had hell at school, but it made me learn much more after leaving than most would boter to do, so I suppose you could say it was a blessing in disguise.
    I agree reference being a blessing in disguise. I left school with the equivalent of 2 GCSE's and thought I was a bit dippy at best, but after being ill I had to use my brain or lose it, which eventually led me to College and then Uni and I now have a post grad. Sadly I don't recal much of what I did due to my memory being so lame, but it proved that I was able to learn, reason and understand to a good level and certainly helped build my confidence mentally. Sometimes it takes something bad to make something good. As they say, it's not the mistakes or problems that happen in life that make you, it's how you handle them.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 27-12-11 at 17:33.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

tatiania (27-12-11)

Reviews

I would not say a "belter" but I enjoyed the time off and the "slight" over indulgence in the Christmas "Spirit".
    LOL i ate to much, i'm a sucker for the bacon rolls.
    MMMMmmmmmmmmmm Bacon Rolls

Reviews

Same here with the words, i type back to front sometimes which i'm sure you have noticed and sometimes i cant say certain words but that is down to having multiple sclerosis.Cant complain but cause it was something which happpened to me in my early 30's.

4 more years till i'm 40 and looking foward to it.I think i might do something special for my big 40 like a duo with 2 lovely ladies or maybe a trio cause its not every day your 40.

Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy2011 View Post
    Same here with the words, i type back to front sometimes which i'm sure you have noticed and sometimes i cant say certain words but that is down to having multiple sclerosis.Cant complain but cause it was something which happpened to me in my early 30's.

4 more years till i'm 40 and looking foward to it.I think i might do something special for my big 40 like a duo with 2 lovely ladies or maybe a trio cause its not every day your 40.

Well as your 40th is 4 years away why not use that time to arrange a foursome, one for evey decade, think of the long hours of investigation you will have to endure, ceaselessly searching for that perfect combination that would make your 40th year a special one, the rejection of one only to discover another that would compliment her perfectly and having to return to check your theory, tirelessly seeking without rest, singlemined in your task dedicated to your purpose. Not only a great present to yourself, but a project for the next 4 years...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tatiania For This Useful Post:

MrNiceGuy2010 (28-12-11)

Reviews

Damn if I could make time go backwards I would make big plans for my 40th, as it is I might have to organize a five some in the next few years. As we reflect on our past, I hope that we can all learn to put down the baggage we have accumulated, accept that which we have to carry and move forward refreshed and ready for any extra burden that life decides to give us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

tatiania (28-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Damn if I could make time go backwards I would make big plans for my 40th, as it is I might have to organize a five some in the next few years. As we reflect on our past, I hope that we can all learn to put down the baggage we have accumulated, accept that which we have to carry and move forward refreshed and ready for any extra burden that life decides to give us.
    If you do manage to aquire a time machine i bagsy second go on it. I would say as a wise man once observed "whatever does not kill us makes us strange"..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tatiania For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (28-12-11)

Reviews

If you do manage to aquire a time machine i bagsy second go on it. I would say as a wise man once observed "whatever does not kill us makes us strange"..
    I found where the inventor of the time machine lives/lived/will live!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	54220

13. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

tatiania (28-12-11)

I was just wondering if like me at this time of the year anyone else
    takes stock of their actions and attitudes of the year just passed.
    The reason I indulge in this annual reflection is to make an atttempt
    not to repeat mistakes and to try in whatever way possible to
    adhere to the old adage " that to ignore mistakes made in the past is
    one sure way to continue making them". I am certain that many make
    "resulations" to say go on a diet, give up smoking or to join a gym,
    go once, making a workout cost the equivalent of a small car, but I am
    not talking about these resulotions, more about a taking a hard look
    at our actions and their effects on the people we come into contact with.
    Like me I am sure at this time of the year we remember those who have
    passed on, or those we once Loved more than life its self. We remember
    our Parents and our Siblings, their Care and Love or lack thereof. So my
    inquiry is; Is this a time of universal reflection??, a time of taking stock
    a time to recall and remember those in our past who have touched our lives,
    and further, time to make amends, not I mean in a practical way but more in
    a private adressing of wrongs percieved and an attempt to redress them. Am I
    alone in this, or do others take notice of what may be called reflection, and
    make some efforts not to repeat the mistakes or even misdeeds, whether intended
    or purley serendipidous. I would be interested in your observations.

I offer you my Sweetiest Wishes for your Christmas and for Your New Year all the
    Prosperity and Happiness You All Desire and Deserve.

Happy Christmas.. Tatiania.XXXXXXX

Thanks Tatiania, I reflect too at this time of year and take out the picture albums too to remember my relative that were close to me. Reflection can sometimes be difficult too as to come to terms with misdeeds etc and try to make amends in someway to clear the concience. Take care and hope you have a good year next year and have many happy memories to reflect upon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy1 For This Useful Post:

tatiania (28-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    I found where the inventor of the time machine lives/lived/will live!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	54220
    Yea I think Heisenburg put a spanner in his works, it is now asserted that time treavel is possible, I figured that it was not possible cause if it was then we would have evidence, but the new theory proposes that two machines are required, so no one can return to a time before the invention of the first machine, sound like the last desperate hope for those who cannot accept that time travel is not possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12