Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone...

Blog Entries

Unhappy Anyone...

..feeling depressed on Christmas time?
    I remember when I was a child I couldn't wait to look down the Christmas tree in the morning,then when I was a teenager I was eager to "escape" from the school as the holiday was coming...the first snow was always giving me "life"... This year is weird,I don't feel it's coming,I feel down,like I am waiting the end of the earth or so...
    Then I see on tv so many "cry for help" from people they don't even have water to drink,and then are coming up those rich people showing their houses with cinema at the ground floor ...

I feel sorry for this thread as I see all of you excited about the christmas,but I had to share my mood..

And I feel soooo down..

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Shirley Joy For This Useful Post:

captivated (21-12-11), dr love (21-12-11), emmasweet (21-12-11), hd7055 (21-12-11), max california (21-12-11), mellors (21-12-11), mer (21-12-11), Morpheus (21-12-11), MrNiceGuy2010 (21-12-11), Rodney69 (21-12-11), sara26 (21-12-11), sexy lady (21-12-11), theqm (21-12-11), tommyball (21-12-11), willah1 (21-12-11), wonderboy1 (21-12-11)

Reviews

Shirley, don't feel down, Christmas is a time of mixed emotions, happiness for the children and families that are reunited, sadness for those who can't join in the celebrations. Christmas day is only a date in the calendar if you don't feel like Christmas on the 25th then plan your own Christmas, arrange to meet a few friends have a meal and maybe exchange gifts, pick a date that suits you all. Then you will have Christmas.

I hope your mood lifts.

x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

samlad (21-12-11), Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

I don't feel down now but I have before!! Talk to whoever you can and walk or take some exercise and read something like The Secret or The Power both books by Rhonda Byrne. Lots of Love
    Last edited by jggy2003; 21-12-11 at 12:44.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jggy2003 For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

7. Default

hi shirley . your right Christmas can be a sad time for people who have lost loved ones it could be their first christmas alone with lots of memories ... it shows those who have and those who dont ... i feel it to myself . sometimes i wish i could do more for those who havent .there is always someone worse off ... your out of your own country so it must be difficult ... next time we meet ill wrap a little present up for you might cheer you up its only 1 day pet ... the fact you feel this way is why you are a good caring person and everyone loves you x x x

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommyball For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (21-12-11), mellors (21-12-11), Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

hi Shirley
    It must be difficult time for all people spending X-mas time far away from family. I do agree that all this comercials on tv asking for support for hungry, poor and for 3rd world wont make you fell any better.
    Hope you will have good time during X-mas and New Years eve. Chin up girl.
    Love and Hugs
    xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

Reviews

I was never a big Christmas person, I'm tryimg to force myself to get in the mood.
    I do have my nieces and nephews around so because they are excited it rubs off a bit on me,but it's not my favorite time of the year.
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

12. The Following User Says Thank You to max california For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Not a big fan of Christmas myself shirleyy as I lost someone very dear to me at this time of year , but I try for the sake of the rest of the family .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

mellors (21-12-11), MrNiceGuy2010 (21-12-11), Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

xmas can be a sad time and its ok to feel sad shirley i have a lot over xmas past but for me the new year brings hope it brings new possibility opportunity and in a way is a fresh start ones can start over with a clean slate ive always loved the new year and the first snow as it covers the ground it makes everything new enjoy the hols shirly take care willah1

16. The Following User Says Thank You to willah1 For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down about Christmas Shirley. It's probably not really your kind of thing but I'm sending you a warm hug

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GriffW For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Shirley View Post
    ..feeling depressed on Christmas time?
    I remember when I was a child I couldn't wait to look down the Christmas tree in the morning,then when I was a teenager I was eager to "escape" from the school as the holiday was coming...the first snow was always giving me "life"... This year is weird,I don't feel it's coming,I feel down,like I am waiting the end of the earth or so...
    Then I see on tv so many "cry for help" from people they don't even have water to drink,and then are coming up those rich people showing their houses with cinema at the ground floor ...

I feel sorry for this thread as I see all of you excited about the christmas,but I had to share my mood..

And I feel soooo down..
    There are 3 types of Christmas...

1. Kids.. Kids cant understand how so much happens all at once. They get off school. the get presents. Dad stays at home and gets funny after wine. People call to our house and give us presents too... feckin brill....

2. Moms & Dads (granny & granddad)... Kids again... everything is for the kids. As soon as the kids get to the end of the tree and open their presents, and as soon as they are fed with turkey and ham, now its mom and dads turn... feckin brill...

3. People in-between being a kid and a Mom & Dad... These people have to create a reason to enjoy Christmas. Up to now Christmas was offered to them on a plate. Wake up in the morning and all is done and offered to you. Now it’s different. You have to work at Christmas yourself. You have to find friends in a similar situation and organise events and little niceties that put the smile back on your faces.

Ok Shirls… I’ll do a deal with ya… I am No.2 … I will trade you the No.2 for your No.3. here’s the deal…..You come to my house, get up at feckin DAWN and pretend you are amazed at what Santa managed to get down the chimney. Open up boxes and read instructions at how to insert batteries. Stop the fighting as one child is envious of the others present. Clean up all the torn wrapping paper that is thrown all over the house, in every room. Just as you think its time for a nice cup of tea, jump up to respond to a panicking wife that cannot fit the turkey into the oven. Offer to prepare all the veg for her cos she is now seriously stressed out and cant take anymore. Serve and feed the kids with turkey and ham. Clean off the disgustingly opulent table and wash a dozen pots and just as you think its time for a nice cup off tea… forget it the, the mother in law is arriving in 5….

I will give you all this, if you promise to contact your friends and let them know that I am filling in for you…

What ya think? You certainly wont have time to be blue….

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (21-12-11), ERIKA LOVEFORU (21-12-11), Morpheus (21-12-11), Shirley Joy (21-12-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast