Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey there

Default Hey there

Happy Christmas. No doubt some of you are having a hard time lately. I saw this and thought of you. Thanks for the messages, much appreciated. I'm meditating right now so am needed on a higher plane

Recession troubles?

''To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea....cruising, it is called.

Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.

''Iv'e always wanted to sail the South Seas, but I can't afford it' What those men cannot afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine- and before we know it our lives are gone.

What does a man need- really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in, and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all- in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, the dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Sterling Hayden

Happy sailing 2012 peeps. Make that choice.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (21-12-11), benin (20-12-11), doodlebug (20-12-11), emmasweet (21-12-11), Franken996 (20-12-11), harry10 (21-12-11), hd7055 (20-12-11), herodotus (20-12-11), IamSimontemplar (20-12-11), Jackdaniel (21-12-11), JAMESCORK (21-12-11), max california (20-12-11), mer (20-12-11), Morpheus (21-12-11), MrNiceGuy2010 (20-12-11), Prickly (21-12-11), sexy lady (21-12-11), theqm (21-12-11), trugent (21-12-11), WatWatWat (20-12-11), westcorklad (21-12-11), wonderboy1 (21-12-11)

Reviews

How odd, I was just about to ask where you had got to.
    Haven't seen you around.

Good to see you back, no idea what you're on about, but good to see you back.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eugen For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (20-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen View Post
    How odd, I was just about to ask where you had got to.
    Haven't seen you around.

Good to see you back, no idea what you're on about, but good to see you back.
    Not back. Not for a while. I just felt guilty for the short goodbye. So here is my contribution

I think this year, I will sail. Thats all
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (20-12-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Not back. Not for a while. I just felt guilty for the short goodbye. So here is my contribution

Enjoy sailing Lucy, i love a good cruise myself

See me, see the sea, i love the sea me

Reviews

Happy Christmas. No doubt some of you are having a hard time lately. I saw this and thought of you. Thanks for the messages, much appreciated. I'm meditating right now so am needed on a higher plane

Recession troubles?

''To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea....cruising, it is called.

Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.

''Iv'e always wanted to sail the South Seas, but I can't afford it' What those men cannot afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine- and before we know it our lives are gone.

What does a man need- really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in, and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all- in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, the dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Sterling Hayden

Fair enough Lucy but its the bankruptcy of the purse that is vexing me at the moment: No money and absolutely no punting activity whatsoever which means absolutely no FUN or adventure for that matter for me as it stands....

Still, musn't grumble.

Happy Christmas ma'am.
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

i love the sea i wish it just swallowed me sometimes!!

good post lucy take care of yourself and have a nice christmas hun

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

wonderboy1 (21-12-11)

Reviews

Recession troubles?

Sterling Hayden

Very cool.

Safe travels.

Reviews

Wait... Im coming too... I'll get my armbands....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (21-12-11)

Nice quote!!

Hope you all traverse life's waves well in 2012!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

Jackdaniel (21-12-11), max california (21-12-11), Morpheus (21-12-11)

Reviews

Happy Christmas Lucy!

Your presence is missed on the boards.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast