Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would ya??

Reviews

Not many places to go... are you off your rocker? What about Brasil, India, China for a start. You have to think about the new world countries. A year or two in China, learn the language and you could move back here and have no bother getting a very good job. You wouldn even need any degress or any trade. The opportunities are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by olddantucker View Post
    There's not many places to go!
    Maybe Canada or New Zealand
    But yeah, just goes to show the people gone before us were great people,
    We can hop on a plane and be anywhere within 24hrs, and we think this is a big deal !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-12-11)

Reviews

Mer, you're in Wexford?
    Sorry if I'm wrong I'm tired.

Radon gas is dangerous and a big deal in Wexford.

Get a van, paint it matt black, yellow cross bones, radon detection.

Obviously you need to buy a detector.
    Just a business idea.
    I think it would work.

Point really is, it's possible to make a living.

Hey look at me, I stand out in the pissing rain and cold washing cars. Take my advice.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eugen For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-12-11), mer (20-12-11), very shy guy (20-12-11)

Reviews

I may well go in the new year, looking for somewhere cheaper to live with a warmer climate. We should view it as opportunity as opposed to obscenity. Wish I had done it when I was younger but did some traveling last year and have he bug, LOL

I know what Mer means, when you have to scrape together the plane fare you can't actually go as you have no net to pay rent or find somewhere to stay in another country so it isn't really an option.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

mer (20-12-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen View Post
    Mer, you're in Wexford?
    Sorry if I'm wrong I'm tired.

Radon gas is dangerous and a big deal in Wexford.

Get a van, paint it matt black, yellow cross bones, radon detection.

Obviously you need to buy a detector.
    Just a business idea.
    I think it would work.

Point really is, it's possible to make a living.

Hey look at me, I stand out in the pissing rain and cold washing cars. Take my advice.
    yep your right radon gas is high in some places in wexford

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Eugen (20-12-11)

JC- whaddya think I feel about this?! I left IRL when the tiger was still roaring & everybody thought I was insane- different story now- only single regret I have, is not doing it 5 years earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    i would move without any second thoughts, but when you have no money and 0 skills well its not possible to move anywhere!!
    Mer- don't take following this wrong way, I'm guessing you have certain ties in IRL but here's the thing- fact that you're online says enough that above isn't really true- there are jobs paying six figs in the oil fields of Calgary, Canada & the mines of Western Australia that don't even need a Leaving Cert (even McDonalds in Calgary has to pay it's crew $17/hr starting wage as the place is so awash with oil money) - you could get a job before leaving & something tells me your Credit Union would front you a few thousand to hop that flight & you've have it paid back within three months!
    Quote Originally Posted by herodotus View Post
    Not many places to go... are you off your rocker? What about Brasil, India, China for a start. You have to think about the new world countries. A year or two in China, learn the language and you could move back here and have no bother getting a very good job. You wouldn even need any degress or any trade. The opportunities are out there.
    +1 and some more...
    If you're prepared to go to Shanghai or inland Brazil you can really make good money!!
    Last edited by Franken996; 20-12-11 at 23:27.

Reviews

I'd leave this country in a heart beat but where to go Not because I'm doing bad, quite the opposite but if I'm honest the doom and gloom everywhere is depressing and no matter how hard you try some rubs off on me and that's not who I am, I'm sick of having to be coy about how well I'm doing in case I upset the guy I'm speaking to that may be on his last legs, fuck it, I want to go somewhere that isn't so depressing but i can't, one of the reasons I am doing well is because of the poor economy so I'm stuck at the moment..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    JC- whaddya think I feel about this?! I left IRL when the tiger was still roaring & everybody thought I was insane- different story now- only single regret I have, is not doing it 5 years earlier!

Mer- don't take following this wrong way, I'm guessing you have certain ties in IRL but here's the thing- fact that you're online says enough that above isn't really true- there are jobs paying six figs in the oil fields of Calgary, Canada & the mines of Western Australia that don't even need a Leaving Cert (even McDonalds in Calgary has to pay it's crew $17/hr starting wage as the place is so awash with oil money) - you could get a job before leaving & something tells me your Credit Union would front you a few thousand to hop that flight & you've have it paid back within three months!

+1 and some more...
    If you're prepared to go to Shanghai or inland Brazil you can really make good money!!
    havent thought that far ahead cause its impossible lol feck i would need to sell an arm and a leg to go to canada lol and i might not even get a job over there and the accomadition well id have to sell me other leg lol and is need a working visa and i would never quilfy for one cause i have 0 quailfications
    Last edited by mer; 20-12-11 at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I'd leave this country in a heart beat but where to go Not because I'm doing bad, quite the opposite but if I'm honest the doom and gloom everywhere is depressing and no matter how hard you try some rubs off on me and that's not who I am, I'm sick of having to be coy about how well I'm doing in case I upset the guy I'm speaking to that may be on his last legs, fuck it, I want to go somewhere that isn't so depressing but i can't, one of the reasons I am doing well is because of the poor economy so I'm stuck at the moment..
    God love ya haha!
    Joking aside- I understand fully what you're saying, every time I come home now it's a dour vibe & even in the good times the begrudgery was bad. Count your blessings & soldier on

Reviews

Well put mer,I am in the same boat,plus too old,good luck to anyone that does get off the sinking ship called Ireland,sadly there's a lot of us locked below decks thats going to go down with her.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that Anon, that you are struggling to hide how well you are doing.
    It must be such a burden.

Please struggle on, we need people like you to aspire to. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast