Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would ya??

Default Would ya??

Here's one
    Would you leave the country and work elsewhere it's not the end of the world to leave is it your dignity or is it a challenge? I know there's this whole thing about having to leave ireland but what the hell we want our children to travel the world before they settle down its not to late for us to do also. It's just a taught what do you think?
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Julius Caesar For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-12-11)

Reviews

I don't think I would unless I absolutely had to.
    I'm a homebird I'm afraid but fair play to anyone that does.
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max california For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-12-11), Julius Caesar (20-12-11)

Reviews

Only recently I've thought to move. California, somewhere warm, I've nothing here, might as well have nothing there.
    No social welfare here, as employers are second rate citizens here. The government are rapist, out of touch, cunts. Pardon my language

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eugen For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (20-12-11), very shy guy (20-12-11)

Reviews

I'm torn two ways on this topic. The world is a much smaller place these days than it was for the last time we had mass emigration from Ireland. People's minds have expanded too and leaving Ireland doesn't mean you'll never be seen by your family again like it once did. Social media, the Internet in general and cheaper air fares make it far less a big thing than it once was. From that stand point I believe we should not fear moving to another country.

On the other hand I can understand how stressful it is for families who find themselves in the position of having no choice but to leave to get work and have a life. When it's imposed on you it seems far more detrimental and devastating than if you simply decided you wanted to try living and working in another country.

Personally I'd encourage anyone to go see the world and experience different ways of life. But I'm sensitive to the fact that free choice isn't always the reason people leave Ireland and that is tough.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

experiencedguy (20-12-11), Franken996 (20-12-11), Julius Caesar (20-12-11)

Reviews

i would move without any second thoughts, but when you have no money and 0 skills well its not possible to move anywhere!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (20-12-11), very shy guy (20-12-11)

Reviews

I would definitely leave if the right opportunity came up. It is one thing having a misfiring economy but having to but up with the morons that are in charge of the country is getting harder to bear and makes me think that it might be a while before things turn around.

It would be nice to experience life in a different country as well. I suppose it comes to down to whether or not an individual is in a position to make the move.I mean if you have kids or other committments then it would not be easy but for those without commitments it is a great opportunity to go out and explore the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    Here's one
    Would you leave the country and work elsewhere it's not the end of the world to leave is it your dignity or is it a challenge? I know there's this whole thing about having to leave ireland but what the hell we want our children to travel the world before they settle down its not to late for us to do also. It's just a taught what do you think?
    Last edited by herodotus; 20-12-11 at 22:35.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    i would move without any second thoughts, but when you have no money and 0 skills well its not possible to move anywhere!!
    Hey, I wash cars in the winter, and gutters in the summer.
    I think it might be easier abroad, where people are too important to do these things

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eugen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Mer you have skills your just not seeing them cos your head is all over the place I gaurantee you you have it bro ...
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julius Caesar For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (20-12-11), Eugen (20-12-11), Franken996 (20-12-11), herodotus (20-12-11)

Reviews

There's not many places to go!
    Maybe Canada or New Zealand
    But yeah, just goes to show the people gone before us were great people,
    We can hop on a plane and be anywhere within 24hrs, and we think this is a big deal !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTF2Z...eature=related

Gambling man rolls the dice, working man pays the bill
    It's still fat and easy up on banker's hill
    Up on banker's hill the party's going strong
    Down here below we're shackled and drawn

18. The Following User Says Thank You to olddantucker For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (20-12-11)

Reviews

Definitely. Mer should get some advice from an expert on his cv. So many people do not pacakge themselves properly and completely undersell themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    Mer you have skills your just not seeing them cos your head is all over the place I gaurantee you you have it bro ...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast