Thread: Budget debts!

Default Budget debts!

Anyone else really depressed with the state of the countries finances?? Public transport up.... Petrol diesel while most likely also go up... How does that make sense???

Surely the government should be upgrading and encouraging the use of public transport to attempt to encourage tourist back to our debt ridden shores!!! The infesturcture in this country is a joke... Unless you reside in Dublin you have no decent road or public service links! In Galway it takes two hours to drive from one side of the county to the other side!!! Yet it takes just the same time to travel to Dublin.

The government promised a number of years back to decentralise a number of government department away from Dublin... They failed miserable! With the infrastructure in Ireland we could never encourage world tournaments to our shores like London and even Poland and the Ukraine...

Oh ok random rant over

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuam sham For This Useful Post:

dr love (06-12-11), very shy guy (06-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I dread what minister noonan is going to hit us with tomorrow .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    I dread what minister noonan is going to hit us with tomorrow .: doc
    I wouldnt really worry about tomorrow i think it will be only a continuation of what they did today, pick up a few million
    here and there, but the next 3 or 4 budgets will be totally savage i think. This budget hitting target depends on growth
    figures considering the turmoil in the EU that are a total fantasy. Even allowing for meeting budget targets we cut 1.4
    billion this year next year we are committed to cutting even more 1.6 billion and more again the following year, where in
    Gods name will they get that? 4 out of every 5 euro spent by the state are in 3 areas , Social Welfare , health and education
    so it dosent take a genius to figure out that in future budgets these big 3 have to take big hits. The other point to be aware
    of is that in education and health wages make up the majority of the spend so i really think Croke Park will come under intense
    pressure, then we will have union unrest and so the anarchy will begin. I think a fair summation is that we are in deep shit, oh
    and just to top it all off we will prob have a referendum on treaty change to save the euro, that should top everything off nicely
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

dr love (06-12-11)

Blog Entries

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DomCobb For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (06-12-11)

Reviews

The country is fecked,its enough to drive you to drink if you could afford the petrol and the beer.

The simplest of pleasures in life will no longer be pleasurable or affordable!!

Reviews

it will be much worse today when noonan breaks his bad budjet news later on.i think i might consider going up north to do my shopping.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    it will be much worse today when noonan breaks his bad budjet news later on.i think i might consider going up north to do my shopping.
    We can expect VAT to rise to 23%, there will be increases in petrol diesel and heating oil, a 100 euro household charge will come in and they are only the ones we know about.Im sure there will be plenty of other nasty surprises as well.If I could I would be out of this country ASAP.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (06-12-11)

Reviews

[QUOTE=westcorklad;647157]We can expect VAT to rise to 23%, there will be increases in petrol diesel and heating oil, a 100 euro household charge will come in and they are only the ones we know about.Im sure there will be plenty of other nasty surprises as well.If I could I would be out of this country ASAP.[/QUOTE i agree with you getting out would be great ]