Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tram experience

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by click n pick View Post
    thats so so sad.. a mind not worth the effort to engage.
    and they say you need a licence for a dog!
    a dog has more intelligence than this woman

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gaz808080 For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11)

Reviews

As usual I only catch up with news when it's all over!!

I can appreciate that there are people like that, world over.

However, there are two aspects which disturbed me the most.

Firstly, the lady in the video (now identified as 34 year old Emma West) was swearing away in front of her toddler. And given the sentiments she expressed - she' bound to have been doing the same at home. I would fear that her child will grow up to become a racist like her. I believe racism is something that's inbred and gets worse with subsequent generations.

Secondly, I was shocked that there were a significant number of blogs/coonments/ video messages - congratulating her and admiring her mislabelled "bravery"!!!!. Most of these people were British, but there were a few Americans as well.

I fear what is happening to society, when such racist biggotry is applauded. (Granted the majority condemned her actions but there still were significant numbers in support of her!).

Emma West has apparently been remanded in custody and due before a judge on Monday the 6th.

Whatever her personal views, I think social services should get involved with regards to the safety of her toddler.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11), UKHeather (04-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    its simply a good tactic for her legal rep to use in court

people like her are an utter disgrace

but oddly a pharse popped into my mind when she kept saying my country britian etc

the english has been invading countries for centriues yet they complain when some follow them home a tommy tierian joke i know but a very true statement
    The British are a very racist nation unfortunately. The majority are more subtle than her but it's still nasty. My parents and older family included.
    I had the misfortune to be in a greengrocers shop with a child who is of Israeli heritage when the assistant informed a customer that they had no figs because they were boycotting Irsraeli produce. She then proceeded to give her ignorant, narrow minded, typical northern uninformed opinion of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
    We put our fruit back on the shelf and I had to explain to the child, in front of the whole shop, that we weren't going to buy grapes there because the lady was ignorant and stupid.
    Last edited by UKHeather; 04-12-11 at 00:42.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11), Morpheus (04-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    As usual I only catch up with news when it's all over!!

I can appreciate that there are people like that, world over.

However, there are two aspects which disturbed me the most.

Firstly, the lady in the video (now identified as 34 year old Emma West) was swearing away in front of her toddler. And given the sentiments she expressed - she' bound to have been doing the same at home. I would fear that her child will grow up to become a racist like her. I believe racism is something that's inbred and gets worse with subsequent generations.

Secondly, I was shocked that there were a significant number of blogs/coonments/ video messages - congratulating her and admiring her mislabelled "bravery"!!!!. Most of these people were British, but there were a few Americans as well.

I fear what is happening to society, when such racist biggotry is applauded. (Granted the majority condemned her actions but there still were significant numbers in support of her!).

Emma West has apparently been remanded in custody and due before a judge on Monday the 6th.

Whatever her personal views, I think social services should get involved with regards to the safety of her toddler.
    If she on twitter how many followers would she get. Scary

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11), Morpheus (04-12-11)

Blog Entries

DEPLORABLE!!!!!!

Isnt it interesting though that as this woman was ranting only 1 person stood up to her,everyone else on the tram just looked on,it was only towards the end that other people got involved but still only a handful actually stood up and said something!

I wonder if any of us have had been on the tram would we have said something or just kept quiet preferring not to get involved?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Aeilis For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    If she on twitter how many followers would she get. Scary
    that would be very scary ,i think many people will see her as some kind of hero

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gaz808080 For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Aeilis View Post
    DEPLORABLE!!!!!!

Isnt it interesting though that as this woman was ranting only 1 person stood up to her,everyone else on the tram just looked on,it was only towards the end that other people got involved but still only a handful actually stood up and said something!

I wonder if any of us have had been on the tram would we have said something or just kept quiet preferring not to get involved?
    That surprised me too. I would not have kept quiet. My conscience would not let me. I think people are often reluctant to react because people are sometimes attacked if a person is mentally ill.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (04-12-11), Irish Aeilis (04-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by gaz808080 View Post
    that would be very scary ,i think many people will see her as some kind of hero
    Did you see the facebook support for Raoul Moat? The meathead nutter who shot his ex and her new partner, then shot and blinded PC David Rathbone in the face at point blank range. The fella that Gazza took a chicken sandwich and a fishing rod for.. lol
    It is truly worrying.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

gaz808080 (04-12-11), hd7055 (04-12-11)

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Did you see the facebook support for Raoul Moat? The meathead nutter who shot his ex and her new partner, then shot and blinded PC David Rathbone in the face at point blank range. The fella that Gazza took a chicken sandwich and a fishing rod for.. lol
    It is truly worrying.
    i remember hearing gazza on the radio that time giving an interview saying he was his friend and he wanted to go down to raoul
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by gaz808080 View Post
    i remember hearing gazza on the radio that time giving an interview saying he was his friend and he wanted to go down to raoul
    lol
    The facebook pages dedicated to supporting Moat and treating him as a hero were staggering. The hatred towards his ex, her partner and the cop was beyond anything I can understand. I do not get this mob mentality at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast