Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shitting Bricks!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    Makes me wonder, would you take a chance flying with airlines, who's fleet are old? I wouldn't!!
    Obviously SR you don't need too. lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

SR71 (01-11-11)

Quote Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
    Obviously SR you don't need too. lol
    Even though I over 30+ years in the air, I'm more reliable,lol!!!

Nice one Harry!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SR71 For This Useful Post:

harry10 (01-11-11)

From the horses mouth ( my aircraft mechanic buddy..)
    The 767 was built in the early 80's so that's as old as it could be...most were delivered in the 90's. The pilot did an extremely great job of greasing it in on the engines, an tail....A very minimum of damage. It will probably be repaired by Boeing in a matter of months.....I can't for the life of me figure out why the alternate extension system didn't work. That's what that system is designed for. The alternate system uses gravity to drop the gear out of the wells....Should have been able to do that, at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Oh, that.

Yeah, they have a special foam that they can spray all over the runway now. Its ignition temperature is a few hundred degrees or something and it's sticky, so it hugely lessens the friction between metal and tarmac on touchdown. Wheels-up landings are still tense, but they're not the five-alarm everyone's-going-to-die emergency they used to be.
    maybe they should start using that stuff to spray on condoms...

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    From the horses mouth ( my aircraft mechanic buddy..)
    The 767 was built in the early 80's so that's as old as it could be...most were delivered in the 90's. The pilot did an extremely great job of greasing it in on the engines, an tail....A very minimum of damage. It will probably be repaired by Boeing in a matter of months.....I can't for the life of me figure out why the alternate extension system didn't work. That's what that system is designed for. The alternate system uses gravity to drop the gear out of the wells....Should have been able to do that, at least...
    Yea, thought they would have a back up system. But it will now be investigated and the findings will let us know.

Reviews

Have to admire the pilot, nerves of steel, and cool as a cucumber to carry off such a landing. Deserves a medal.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sexy lady View Post
    OMG. thank god that nobody get hurt!
    Ya that would be a bummer alright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12