Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shame on you (and all of us)

Reviews

Default Shame on you (and all of us)

I'm a rather infrequant poster these days and don't get to reading the threads as often as I like, but feel I need to comment on some recent activity on these boards. Before I continue, I've not been privy to any PMs and only know what I can read here.

I think the people of Salam would have been proud of us over the last few days. We've allowed the malicious gossip of one individual to turn us against one of our own. Without a second thought, without seeking proof, we besmirched a reputation and did our best to drive someone out of the community. It was a witch hunt.

Think of the hurt this must have caused. To be isolated, unsupported and villified for no reason.

This should never have come on to the public forum. A few clear PMs could have sorted it out - but we turned it into a circus.

Shame on us - as a community for not doing the decent thing. I feel it's been a dark few days for EI. Perhaps the apologies can be as public as the outcry has been.
    Retired from punting, yet still here?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jammy69 For This Useful Post:

gentelmandave (19-10-11), kelly90 (19-10-11), sexy lady (19-10-11), sperminater (19-10-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jammy69 View Post
    I'm a rather infrequant poster these days and don't get to reading the threads as often as I like, but feel I need to comment on some recent activity on these boards. Before I continue, I've not been privy to any PMs and only know what I can read here.

I think the people of Salam would have been proud of us over the last few days. We've allowed the malicious gossip of one individual to turn us against one of our own. Without a second thought, without seeking proof, we besmirched a reputation and did our best to drive someone out of the community. It was a witch hunt.

Think of the hurt this must have caused. To be isolated, unsupported and villified for no reason.

This should never have come on to the public forum. A few clear PMs could have sorted it out - but we turned it into a circus.

Shame on us - as a community for not doing the decent thing. I feel it's been a dark few days for EI. Perhaps the apologies can be as public as the outcry has been.
    With all due respect Jammy I think you need to read everything that has been said. As far as I can see apologise have been given where needed and as you say you are not privy to PMs.

Also it is fair to say that the issues on this board have been down to more than gossip. It has been a mix of tongue in cheek gone wrong, dislike to posting styles and various other things. The person who is to cause for parts of this drama is yet to show his face. Go figure.

This is a forum and this is the internet. There is always going to be bitching. This isn't me saying it is right, but me saying it will be done and it will be sorted. Getting to the route of the issues will be the only thing to solve it.
    Last edited by EbonyAmber; 19-10-11 at 15:44.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebony Amber For This Useful Post:

ciara (19-10-11), Dohnut Boy (19-10-11), kelly90 (19-10-11), Lucy Chambers (19-10-11), saoirsemac (19-10-11)

It would be helpful if ladies stopped PMing their clients and asking them to post and defend them too.

It would be helpful if the people who received PM's actually reported them.

And finally it would be helpful if this could be put on hold until the persons responsible are actually here. There is more to this than gossip, and trivialising it wont help.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Dohnut Boy (19-10-11), Fitzy (19-10-11), SR71 (19-10-11), very shy guy (19-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    It would be helpful if ladies stopped PMing their clients and asking them to post and defend them too.

It would be helpful if the people who received PM's actually reported them.

And finally it would be helpful if this could be put on hold until the persons responsible are actually here. There is more to this than gossip, and trivialising it wont help.
    In fairness Lucy the same restraint might have saved a lot of stress on all sides over the past few days.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think for the moment this should be left, until we have heard from Hobby.

As all that is happening now is we are just going round and round in circles. It's not productive.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (19-10-11), Ebony Amber (19-10-11), harry10 (19-10-11), kelly90 (19-10-11), Lucy Chambers (19-10-11), max california (19-10-11), SR71 (19-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    I think for the moment this should be left, until we have heard from Hobby.

As all that is happening now is we are just going round and round in circles. It's not productive.
    Think you are right Dave. Not sure it will be anytime soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    In fairness Lucy the same restraint might have saved a lot of stress on all sides over the past few days.
    Nonsense, and if you think we are going to sweep this under the carpets with oh woe is me, think again.

1. A separate issue with I and Stephanie was resolved.
    2. She then decided to post highly inappropriate remarks about Saoirse, and then continue on in another thread about me. This was defended, by me alone, not me and the three clients I pm'd to help me.
    4. Ciara then made a post, mentioning gossip
    3. Stephanie was then sent the PM that outlined the matter to do with the Hobbyist, as was the Hobbyist. She declined to reply for some hours.
    4. All hell broke loose.

Get a grip, this is now turning into a joke and we are really really missing the point, but that is the intention.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 19-10-11 at 16:01.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Nonsense, and if you think we are going to sweep this under the carpets with oh woe is me, think again.

1. A separate issue with I and Stephanie was resolved.
    2. She then decided to post highly inappropriate remarks about Saoirse, and then continue on in another thread about me. This was defended, by me alone, not me and the three clients I pm'd to help me.
    4. Ciara then made a post, mentioning gossip
    3. Stephanie was then sent the PM that outlined the matter to do with the Hobbyist, as was the Hobbyist. She declined to reply for some hours.
    4. All hell broke loose.

Get a grip, this is now turning into a joke and we are really really missing the point, but that is the intention.
    Lucy, I have no intention of rerunning any threads or accusations in this thread, my mere point was to echo something Amber said in one of her posts that a direct contact when accusations were made might have been better approach. All I have said here in line with what I said in another thread where I mentioned that ladies livelihoods are being affected is that restraint by any and all involved would have saved stress. I do not know the full ins and outs of the affair and I have been accused of things by both sides but I am not losing my livelihood, and this is not about me. So please, lets both follow the advice of others on this thread and let the matter rest.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Lucy, I have no intention of rerunning any threads or accusations in this thread, my mere point was to echo something Amber said in one of her posts that a direct contact when accusations were made might have been better approach. All I have said here in line with what I said in another thread where I mentioned that ladies livelihoods are being affected is that restraint by any and all involved would have saved stress. I do not know the full ins and outs of the affair and I have been accused of things by both sides but I am not losing my livelihood, and this is not about me. So please, lets both follow the advice of others on this thread and let the matter rest.
    Okie dokie Doodle Boogle

the sad fact is hobby prob laughing thinking he the king of ei
    and will most likely avoid the boards for a few weeks till this all blows over

he does in chat when challlenged he falls silence
    me thinks this will be the same

as far as im concerned all is happy in the girls corner
    wat was said was said apolgiees where made where approiate
    and others things where best just left,

no one has been pushed off the boards for posting

if anything another thread on this matter is hardly helping when the climax was reached last night...

the only person left to comment on this is hobby!!
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (19-10-11), Ebony Amber (19-10-11), kelly90 (19-10-11), Lucy Chambers (19-10-11)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast