Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sinn Fein- Support in The Republic of Ireland

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    And your sources are.......?
    My source is me, a card carrying member of Sinn Fein, and every other Sinn Fein member in the country. I've worked with Arthur in the past.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cogol For This Useful Post:

TheNads (08-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cogol View Post
    My source is me, a card carrying member of Sinn Fein, and every other Sinn Fein member in the country. I've worked with Arthur in the past.
    Obviously to be trusted then.

Reviews

You see the problem I have is that the actions of the party do not just add up with the outward line. Arthur Morgan was elected to Louth County Council in 1999, to the Dáil in 2002, and re-elected in 2007. These are not the action of a man who had to be 'dragged kicking and screaming' to run for a second term, and not the actions of a man concerned primarily with familial business interests.

And then he gives up his seat in a SF stronghold just in time for Gerry Adams to run? Please credit the forum members here with a modicum of intelligence.

That, combined with sources close to SF leaders, are my sources. As a party member, you may not be privvy to everything that goes on within.

This is turning into a hearsay session, so I am bowing out. There is no more mileage to be had from this discussion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to experiencedguy For This Useful Post:

sperminater (08-10-11)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    You see the problem I have is that the actions of the party do not just add up with the outward line. Arthur Morgan was elected to Louth County Council in 1999, to the Dáil in 2002, and re-elected in 2007. These are not the action of a man who had to be 'dragged kicking and screaming' to run for a second term, and not the actions of a man concerned primarily with familial business interests.

And then he gives up his seat in a SF stronghold just in time for Gerry Adams to run? Please credit the forum members here with a modicum of intelligence.

That, combined with sources close to SF leaders, are my sources. As a party member, you may not be privvy to everything that goes on within.

This is turning into a hearsay session, so I am bowing out. There is no more mileage to be had from this discussion.
    It's more of a biased presumptions session than hearsay. Arthur has given plenty of interviews, especially on Louth radio regarding the issue. Arthur's not a politician. Or at least he doesn't regard himself as one. When Arthur was elected to LCC, he had plenty of time to spend with family and business interests. He thought the idea of being a TD would be good, but hated it after the first couple of years. He ran again in 2007 because he was pressured into it and took one for the team.
    Simple.
    The conspiracy here is laughable.

Reviews

very well said Alec, with the mess we have up north I would not trust and of the political partys to go to the shops god help the south if the Shinners get power

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blue8671 For This Useful Post:

sperminater (09-10-11)

lets establish the facts of the matter re:sinn fein voters. when a poll is taken it is common procedure to also take note of of interviwees gender, age , work status and education. It was found that said SFers were on the whole male,young, unemployed or if emplyed a paticular type of employment and in the majority NOT having being 3rd level educated. These are merely facts. If you dont like them facts well.....................thats your problem, Facts Is Facts.

10. Default

Young unemployed males people vote Sinn Fein because they're are offering an alternative to Fine Gael/Labours c*nt policies.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678