Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've nearly suffered a heart attack.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kelly90 View Post
    thats really true and also very sad ure really young passing thru this but it can happen stress is a destroing feckin shite...
    Thanks for that, I know I'm very young but I want to point out the fact that it can happen to anybody, not just people over 40 for example...

@Christine: don't try to just put everything beside you, it's not good, talk about it with someone you trust to relieve yourself from it, otherwise it will just linger and add to stress which might already be there.

I don't want to scare you (or anybody for that matter) but I would like people to take care of themselves

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gambot For This Useful Post:

Christine (01-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gambot View Post
    I would like to thank you all so far for your kind words.

Christine, I'm taking meds indeed, betablockers, asprin and meds that help you relax (valium) and lots of rest. But with stress, you have to tackle the source of said stress.

But try to take it easy, I was told to rest, relax, and avoid caffein, drugs and all that. Suggestion to quit smoking as well...
    Sorry to hear that Buddy & hope you get back to full health very soon.
    Im a smoker and they are very hard to give up, but im gona try again as they say it usually takes upto several attempts so there is still hope.
    But for betablockers where you taking them before this happened, as im 26 and was giving them a few years back, after taking them i felt a pain around the heart, so i stopped taking them and never got it again, so i think they where the cause.
    Take it easy fella and a speedy recovery

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker85 For This Useful Post:

Christine (01-10-11)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker85 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Buddy & hope you get back to full health very soon.
    Im a smoker and they are very hard to give up, but im gona try again as they say it usually takes upto several attempts so there is still hope.
    But for betablockers where you taking them before this happened, as im 26 and was giving them a few years back, after taking them i felt a pain around the heart, so i stopped taking them and never got it again, so i think they where the cause.
    Take it easy fella and a speedy recovery
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

About the betablockers, no I didn't take them before I wasn't on any meds, I'm just a normal, healthy guy (or girl) .

Right now I'm okay, but I'm just a bit afraid that if I cannot tackle the stress completely, it's gonna get worse. They have advised me to talk to a counselor or psych, but I don't trust those people, and friends, I prefer not to trouble them with my problems.

Everyone has them .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gambot For This Useful Post:

Christine (01-10-11), skywalker85 (01-10-11)

[QUOTE=Gambot;593235]Thanks for that, I know I'm very young but I want to point out the fact that it can happen to anybody, not just people over 40 for example...

@Christine: don't try to just put everything beside you, it's not good, talk about it with someone you trust to relieve yourself from it, otherwise it will just linger and add to stress which might already be there.

I don't want to scare you (or anybody for that matter) but I would like people to take care of themselves [/QUOTE
    Its very hard to have trust in somebody in our days....so better no....

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Getting sick like that it puts everything into perspective there's more to life then work and getting stressed out we are only here for a short time get well and take care of yourself.
    I will play with the toys that god has given me .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

Gambot (01-10-11), skywalker85 (01-10-11)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Getting sick like that it puts everything into perspective there's more to life then work and getting stressed out we are only here for a short time get well and take care of yourself.
    Well said my man, unfortunately there's not always a way to escape .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gambot For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (01-10-11)

Hey guys and girls

This thread is a serious post and not some reference to 'awesome pics of X', also, I want to stress the importance of the message, that's why I'm writing this under an alias.

I have spent the last couple of days in the hospital due to sudden heart failure earlier this week, I was quickly diagnosed with angina pectoris and kept in the hospital for monitoring purposes. I'm now back home as the risk for heart attack has decreased to a level that is out of the immediate danger zone. However, the pain has not vanished yet, that will remain so for a couple of weeks (hopefully).

The reason why I'm telling you this is because of the cause: stress. We all are worried about STD's, cancer, aids and whatnot, but one of main causes for death in this time is stress, undeniably. People just go on and continue without really taking care of themselves, and don't stop adding pressure (work or private life). I myself had a very busy month, with some serious shit happening and me being powerless (which I hate). I decided to work harder in order to focus on something entirely different, but I didn't realize I was adding stress instead of taking it away. The final blow came on Tuesday, somewhere I felt I couldn't continue like this much longer, and then a little something happened which pushed me over the limit. Heart failure and a suffocating feeling quickly came about. I was rushed to the hospital as it seemed I was heading straight for a heart attack. It did not come that far, to be honest, but I should have gone to the doctor way earlier.

I would like to stress the importance of taking a step back now and then and just relax, take time for yourself, let others know that you won't be available for a day or two and just try to let everything go. Visiting a lady might help, although if you already are under heavy stress I would suggest you visit someone you've visited before, as visiting a new lady might add pressure to the table without you even realizing it (how would she look, will you enjoy it, directions, making sure you're discreet).

Cancer is a serious disease, but stress can be as well. Don't underestimate the devastating power of it, and take a rest now and then, it will only benefit you.

Oh, and for the younger people that read this and think they are too young for a heart attack anyway: I'm 23 years old...
    I wish you a speedy recovery mate, but fuck me! At your age, you nearly have a heart attack, jee...

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    I wish you a speedy recovery mate, but fuck me! At your age, you nearly have a heart attack, jee...
    Thanks man!

Yes I know, but what can you do?

Thanks man!

Yes I know, but what can you do?
    I don't lead a healthy lifestyle,I smoke and don't exercise, so I need to get checked up!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    I don't lead a healthy lifestyle,I smoke and don't exercise, so I need to get checked up!
    Get up and go see your doctor, prevention is always better than curing.

And to all, sorry for bumping this thread, this is not a cry for attention, merely trying to reach as many people as possible!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast