Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about doing a little something for someone else ?

1. Default

Story of my life but I have been know to be a giver ....!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    How often have you done something for someone else without having gained anything in return ?

This Friday the 30th Sept is National Volunteering Day.

So why not take this opportunity to do a selfless act for someone else ? Even if you only do something unofficially it would be worth it.

For more info see here -->http://www.volunteeringireland.ie/

Reviews

How often have you done something for someone else without having gained anything in return ?
    Never. Not once. Because I have always got something back.

Even if it is just a smile from a complete stranger. Actually, especially if it is a smile from a complete stranger.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    i volunteer in hospice regular and in the winter other charitys one i love is visiting the eledery during the winter
    check up on them etc i adore the older generation...
    not forgeting boobie day aka pink ribbon day for breast cancer awarness day is fri 7th october collections will be seen around the city i dont think their anyone not touched by cancer esp in ireland its 2e, its feck all so hand in the pocket when u see the girls around town remember men get breast cancer too,
    ms society etc and home carers also need help and lack volunteers and funding
    so peeps times may be hard but at least ur got ur health nd faimily spare a taught and help out
    Why bless you Saoirse........will you come and visit me in the retirement home for senile punters and try and help me to remember what it was that I used to enjoy doing on an regular basis with members of the opposite sex..............

......Feck, Arse, Drink.

Mrs. Doyle: "What would you say to a nice cup of tea Fr. Jack?"
    Fr. Jack: "Feck off tea cup."

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Why bless you Saoirse........will you come and visit me in the retirement home for senile punters and try and help me to remember what it was that I used to enjoy doing on an regular basis with members of the opposite sex..............

......Feck, Arse, Drink.

Mrs. Doyle: "What would you say to a nice cup of tea Fr. Jack?"
    Fr. Jack: "Feck off tea cup."

sure ill bring my laptop and u can dictate ur posts on ei anytime
    happy to help
    can i rob ur ginger nut biscuit??
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

Reviews

This Friday the 30th Sept is National Volunteering Day.

So why not take this opportunity to do a selfless act for someone else ? Even if you only do something unofficially it would be worth it.

For more info see here -->http://www.volunteeringireland.ie/
    All my life i have been a giver,even as a kid i can remember times....but as i have gotten older i know try an do it anonomously(spelling?),i absolutely hate people who look for recognition in the good deeds....if your fortunate to be able to give back without looking do so.....and i have to say its lovely secretly looking at the result.....in my mind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Notatwork For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (24-09-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12