Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: watching dr phill

Reviews

Interesting question with a few angles to it. On first impression yes, she should lose access to her kids. However is addiction a crime or an illness, I am not sure. The other thing is addiction makes people do things that are not the norm and so taking drugs while pregnant will lead to drug addicted baby. I can't answer as I am not addicted to anything that would cause such harm. The other question is are the kids better off away from their mother, and is the mother better off without them. Some might say that her children are the best road to her recovery as she has something to aim at in getting off drugs. I don't have a simple answer but I know I am glad not to have to make that judgement call.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    young girl who already has 2 children who dosnt look after them and takes druggs gets pregant

and the baby is born addicted to druggs

should this type of person not loose imidiatly access and rights to there children and be slaped into jail for knowingly causing harm to her unborn child

wot are your views
    It's shocking. What's even more shocking is that I've known fathers that are clean, have well paid jobs and are very responsible, that have a child(ren) with women such as the one that you have described, Kelly. These men have taken these women to court and it's been ruled in the favour of the woman for them to be able to maintain full custody of these poor children. It's a sad reality unfortunately
    Last edited by samlad; 22-09-11 at 10:36.

Feck locking her in jail, the woman hasnt even given that child a choice of lifestyle, I mean sure he/she wouldnt have the best lifestyle but there was choices they could have made.
    This type of person, your right, should not have rights to their children at all and should be on permanent tag in their houses. As Sam has made clear though, A lot of courts favour the mother in most cases, which is sad IMO, because the mother is not always the best option as you can clearly see.

LOCK HER UP and let the children live their lives (hopefully free of drugs)
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

gunter (22-09-11)

sadly a relatively common event here too these days. family very much like that are near neighbours of mine. Poor kids are in and out of care the whole time :-(

Blog Entries

young girl who already has 2 children who dosnt look after them and takes druggs gets pregant

and the baby is born addicted to druggs

should this type of person not loose imidiatly access and rights to there children and be slaped into jail for knowingly causing harm to her unborn child

wot are your views
    not only should she loose her kids and be jailed, she should also be neutered to prevent anything like this ever happening again. People like that just disgust me.

Reviews

to take things further

should all girls once they turn 15 be fitted with the implant which protectes against pregnancy for 5 years and continue to be fitted with new ones

untill they can prove there drugg free, not an alcholic and have a job and can financially keep a baby and are mentaly able to keep a baby
    I would be very uncomfortable with such a proposal, bordering on fascist in my opinion. As individuals we have rights and privileges, I do not believe that the state has the right to blanket ban citizens from things that are legal.

Reviews

but is it right to let someone who is not mentaly capible, drug addict, acholic, some one who cant afford to keep them selves never mind a baby have children

i used to work in a shop and the amount of kid that would come and steal as there mum couldnt feed them
    the amount of kids coming up at maybe 5 6 years old buying some milk by them selves no parent fit or able to look after them

is it fair to let kids into this life if there not going to be looked after and cared for ?
    is it right to deprive a child of its child hood as they have to be a parent to there drug or alchol addicted parent
    In short yes....how do any of us know what the future will bring...take one example. A couple in a loving relationship she gets pregnant, both well enough off. During the nine months he loses his job, suddenly can't afford mortgage and car etc. Times continue to get harder, kid is born and money is even tighter, when that kid is old enough to walk and talk if the downward spiral continues they will suddenly be in the not able to survive without robbing category. It is not up to the state to say you can or can't have kids, yes the state should encourage positive parenting and responsible pregnancy etc but I do not believe the state has a right to deny a woman the right to conceive, even if only temporarily.

Reviews

to take things further

should all girls once they turn 15 be fitted with the implant which protectes against pregnancy for 5 years and continue to be fitted with new ones

untill they can prove there drugg free, not an alcholic and have a job and can financially keep a baby and are mentaly able to

keep a baby
    it think this is a 'reasonable idea', Kelly,
    only problem is it's the opposite of current policy

some of you really aren't cut out for social work either

Blog Entries

to take things further

untill they can prove there drugg free, not an alcholic and have a job and can financially keep a baby and are mentaly able to keep a baby
    nope, I don't agree with that as everyone no matter what their background is deserves at least one chance. Also if you did something like that wouldn't you just be promoting loads of inconsequential sex for youngsters. I'd say that STI's would go through the roof, as some of these kids can barely afford condoms as it is. Then if they don't need them to prevent from pregnancy, wooooooo hooooooooooo a whole lot of unprotected sex will be getting on.

Reviews

i'm sure the concerned grandparents were on "how could this have happened to our lovely"
    no caring husband either? she should have just had a few arthurs (social acceptance)

i'm no lawyer but to get someone in jail-they must first commit a crime? even if
    you could manage that, do you think these kids would fair better elsewhere, statistics
    show different. this is happening here too, drugs, alcohol, fags-the state don't wanna know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast