Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard Dunne

Reviews

Default Richard Dunne

I know we are after getting battered for 90 mins and should have been hammered, but I think that was one of the best
    individual defensive performances I have seen by Richard Dunne today.

He was outstanding, threw himself in front of everything and probably inspired the players around him to do the same.

In my opinion we are still useless but its nice to see players with pride in the green jersey anyway.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to takemedrunkimhome For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (06-09-11), gentelmandave (06-09-11), Jackdaniel (06-09-11), Lincoln (06-09-11), lovethegirls (06-09-11)

Reviews

Agree and McGeady is worthy of honourable mention too.

Reviews

wat was the score

Reviews

nil all draw should have been at least three nil to Russia. First competitive point in Moscow.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Agree and McGeady is worthy of honourable mention too.
    Yeah, McGeady did some great defensive work in covering for the guy who was meant to be there.

Reviews

Quotes from the BBC website:

"1753: With one of the three added minutes left, it's more body-on-the-line defending from Ireland, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Igor Semshov the latest to be denied by one Irish body part of another. You absolutely cannot fault Ireland's spirit this evening. Not one bit.

1749: How is it still 0-0?!! Konstantin Zyryanov stoops six yards out to get his head on a deep cross but Shay Given somehow saves point-blank to prevent a certain winner - Keith Andrews then laying his body on the line to block the follow-up shot and preserve the 0-0 scoreline once more"

Didn't see the game (at work) but does sound like they gave it all in defence, something like over 20 attempts on goal for Russia 2 or 3 to us!!

“'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.”.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Unbelievable that they got the draw, thought all the defenders were exceptional tonight, agree about Dunne, Shay Given showing that hes still a world class keeper. Shame about the rest,just aren't allowed to play with that formation. Trap seems incapable of changing anything tactically.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

takemedrunkimhome (06-09-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Unbelievable that they got the draw, thought all the defenders were exceptional tonight, agree about Dunne, Shay Given showing that hes still a world class keeper. Shame about the rest,just aren't allowed to play with that formation. Trap seems incapable of changing anything tactically.
    A blind man could see that they had an extra man in midfield and he still persisted with the 2 strikers up front.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to takemedrunkimhome For This Useful Post:

mellors (06-09-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by takemedrunkimhome View Post
    I know we are after getting battered for 90 mins and should have been hammered, but I think that was one of the best
    individual defensive performances I have seen by Richard Dunne today.

He was outstanding, threw himself in front of everything and probably inspired the players around him to do the same.

In my opinion we are still useless but its nice to see players with pride in the green jersey anyway.
    In these days of inflated wages, great to see someone who cares

13. The Following User Says Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

takemedrunkimhome (06-09-11)

Reviews

Memories of Rocky 4 and Ivan Drago kept coming to mind .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast