Thread: A little help, for a fellow poster.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default A little help, for a fellow poster.

Ok I've received a Pm from a fellow forum member asking my help.

I'll not be naming him so don't ask.

He's been caught by his wife, and believes that she may have gone through text messages on an old phone.
    Now he 100% sure he removed the sim, and thinks he had deleted all the text messages.

So he wants to know if she could access the deleted text messages.

Without knowing exactly what make/ model of phone we are talking about it's hard to tell exactly.

My reply in part was as follows,
    Some phones store messages on the SIM.
    "The next thing you should know is that when data is deleted from a cell phone, it’s not actually deleted. The only thing pressing the erase button does is remove the file name of the data so it doesn’t show up on the phone any longer.
    This “so called” deleted data stays on the phone until new data is recorded over it. This means that it’s possible to recover deleted text messages as long as the location on the SIM card hasn’t had new data stored over the old data. But you would need a SIM card reader for this.
    But if as you say, you have removed the SIM then you are OK.

The only other way to access deleted messages is if you hack the phones operating system to access the message file folders, but I doubt your wife has done this.

So the messages that have been deleted should be safe from her view, unless she has secretly installed Spybubble or Message Mirror which are downloadable apps for spying on another persons text messages."

Do I have this right, anyone else have any tech knowledge on the subject.
    He's worried she will want to look through his current phone.
    Last edited by dave1dave; 31-08-11 at 17:01.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (31-08-11)