View Poll Results: Euthanasia.- Should it be legalised?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ireland have a referendum to decide?

3 15.79%
  • Yes it Should be legalised

16 84.21%
  • No it is an act of murder to allow this service.

0 0%
  • I don't know Jack about Euthanasia and don't care either way.

0 0%

Thread: Euthanasia.- Should it be legalised?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Euthanasia.- Should it be legalised?

I recently Sky plus the film "You don't know Jack" and watched it over the week-end.
    For those of you unfamilair with it here is a brief outline.

Dr. Jack Kevorkian (1928 - 2011 ) in the 1990s, when he defies Michigan law assisting the suicide of terminally-ill persons. Support comes from his sister, a lab tech, the Hemlock Society president, and a lawyer. The child of survivors of the Armenian genocide interviews applicants: his sister video tapes them. He assembles a device allowing a person to initiate a three-chemical intravenous drip. The local D.A., the governor, and the Legislature respond. In court scenes, Kevorkian is sometimes antic. He's single-minded about giving dying individuals the right to determine how their lives will end. He wants the Supreme Court to rule. He picks a fight he can't win: is it hubris or heroism?
    Jack ended up serving 8.5 years.

So i thought what do the real people of Ireland think of Euthanasia.
    My view is that it should be legalised. Any of you who have seen loved one suffering in there final days will know how heart breaking it is to see them suffer when the art of Euthanasia could be such a relief to ease their pain.
    This of-course goes without saying the person should be of a sound mind and and not suffer from any depressing illness.
    I know in my final years i would jump at the chance of this service rather than suffering the indignity of not being able to care for myself.

So here my poll.
    Should Ireland have a referendum to decide?
    Yes it Should be legalised
    No it is an act of murder to allow this service.
    I don't know Jack about Euthanasia and don't care either way.
    "I'm the leader of the pack which makes me such a lucky jack. And here they are, they're so appealing, OK dollies do your dealing."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce 4play For This Useful Post: