Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first mobile phone ?

This was the one I had as a teenager... and I felt posh! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    This was the one I had as a teenager... and I felt posh]

id say becks was well pissed off...was it before she had the first boob job?..and was that a bit off topic?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

samlad (30-08-11)

mine was like this ... i can remember ... crap phone ...

5. Default

Motorola d520 and I still have it upstairs in the house. Eircell Ready to go - couldn't beat it back in the day

Blog Entries

Nokia3310 and still use it for texts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (30-08-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    First mobile phone I had was back in early 90s, it was one of those units built into the car- best reception of any phone I've ever had- you could be up the side of a mountain in the arse-end of Donegal* & it always had a few bars LOL ( I know nothing about the tech stuff but always surmised the car acted as a huge aerial)
    Dave, not to be pedantic & perhaps I'm mixing up the chronology but I didn't think there was a cellular network in IRL til the 90s ? ( Perhaps you were living somewhere else, but the unit you mention looks a bit like a walkie- talkie)

* A truly beautiful spot before you sheep shaggers give me a hard time!!
    Just Wikipediaed it to check and it was Eircell who started operating in Ireland in 1986 as the Mobile and Broadcast division of Telecom Éireann.
    It was certainly like a walkie it had a flip down mic and the 088 network was Analogue. It was the 90s that the GSM network arrived.

I remember having siemens as above and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	philips-fisio-120.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	48205

Julia
    it looks so so funny now ;D
    Last edited by Ad Staff; 30-08-11 at 16:38.

Mine was a motorolla "brick" if you used it everyone laught a real piece of shite. But it was great for weight training

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    Just Wikipediaed it to check and it was Eircell who started operating in Ireland in 1986 as the Mobile and Broadcast division of Telecom Éireann.
    It was certainly like a walkie it had a flip down mic and the 088 network was Analogue. It was the 90s that the GSM network arrived.
    You are correct, I had a mobile (if you could call them that) in 1989. Some sort of Nec brick, don't know the model. The network at that stage was 088 and analogue which meant anyone with a decent CB scanner could listen in on all conversations, including the Gardai calling each other about cases

Reviews

I used one of the bricks with huge battery for work as the first mobile phone, my first personal one was a sony marsbar 088 phone. I then upgraded to a nokia 6110 which was the best phone available at the time, got it second hand in UK, cost 400 punts at the time but it worked overseas.
    Last edited by doodlebug; 30-08-11 at 16:43.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast