Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garda Driving ???

Angry Garda Driving ???

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how the Gards in marked and unmarked cars blatantly show disregard for the rules of the road that we trust them to enforce ??

I believe it is just a matter of time before one of them cause another serious accident, this time involving civilians.

CBG

I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to comicbookguy For This Useful Post:

dr love (22-08-11), Forrest (22-08-11), ladiesman217 (23-08-11), NaughyYanna (23-08-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy View Post
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how the Gards in marked and unmarked cars blatantly show disregard for the rules of the road that we trust them to enforce ??

I believe it is just a matter of time before one of them cause another serious accident, this time involving civilians.

I have seen a few very stupid incidents with unmarked cars on motorways.

Maybe they think their extra driver training makes them special.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (22-08-11), dr love (23-08-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy View Post

Agreed , but who's policing the police so to speak .What you say it quite true .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Agreed , but who's policing the police so to speak .What you say it quite true .: doc
    That's the sad part doc, no one, like what forrest said they think they are better than everyone because of the advanced driving courses they have done, I have done the same course too so can I break the speed limit and go through red lights when not on an emergency call ??
    CBG

I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!

Reviews

I know a Gard who drives one of the cars when on duty.You should have seen him last weekend trying to reverse out of the garden where we stayed over at a house party.One person had to stand beside the car and another behind it guiding him out of the driveway.And i might add this was a stone cold sober drama that i and others witnessed.............Unbelieveable how he could be entrusted to police other peoples driving.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11), dr love (23-08-11)

Reviews

Legally the Gardai cannot break the law while driving unless using their sirens and flashing lights or one of the two. When driving under normal circumstances they are bound by the same laws as the rest of us. I nearly reported them one day for going the wrong way up a one way street but figured I would be harassed forever if I did. But if we see illegality then maybe we should not be afraid and report it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11)

Reviews

they do pretty much what they please-thats the appeal.
    best of luck to them

13. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    they do pretty much what they please-thats the appeal.
    best of luck to them
    Your attitude is exactly what has got this country in the mess its in, if we don't expect agents of the state to uphold the law then why should the rest of us etc etc... LOL Rant rant. No but seriously if we just say best of luck to them then innocent people will be harmed, I know of one taxi driver was hit from behind by a squad car, we all know that a rear end is always the fault of the driver behind, gardai went to court and said he reversed into them, he was stopped at a red light and the technical guys said the impact was in excess of thirty miles per hour, i don't know how he managed to get to that speed in such a short distance reversing!!! judge believed Gardai, so not only did they commit the offence but then perjured themselves. Took the taxi man ten years to get his no claims bonus back. So I don't think the fair play to them attitude is the best.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11)

Reviews

17. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    hi DB, i was being sarcastic
    I kind of guessed but wanted chance to tell my story too, LOL

19. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (23-08-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast