Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Petrol heads.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    You can say that again, got quote worked out about 3 times the final value of the car...
    Thats why my Datsun had to go! Bought it in from England, kept it for 3 years and then sold it back to the guy I bought it from. Got the same that I paid for it £4000. U couldn't buy a hen house of a 240z for that now.

Would love a GT Corolla rwd again but I'm too old for it now!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    Restoration jobs cost a fortune, better selling it on as u did! Restorations can run into 1000's, often far far more than car is worth.
    They can be but I would take my time plus with the Internet if you do your homework there is loads of sites that sell the parts
    at affordable prices and look at the end of the project look at the satisfaction you get I wouldn't put a price on that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

Derry lad (12-08-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    They can be but I would take my time plus with the Internet if you do your homework there is loads of sites that sell the parts
    at affordable prices and look at the end of the project look at the satisfaction you get I wouldn't put a price on that.
    I agree with you about the satisfaction would have to be a labour of love, and with punting as a hobby couldn't afford both, LOL

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    I haven't the hands on me to do that work. And worse, I havent the patience which isn't a good thing in restoration work!!
    But yeah, if you can do the work the satisfaction must be great!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    I haven't the hands on me to do that work. And worse, I havent the patience which isn't a good thing in restoration work!!
    But yeah, if you can do the work the satisfaction must be great!
    In fairness it's easy for me to say I have the skills and patience so that helps a lot finically .

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    I agree with you about the satisfaction would have to be a labour of love, and with punting as a hobby couldn't afford both, LOL
    I know wouldn't life be so sweet if you could Lol.

Had my first car when i was 9 Ford Angila had 10 cars before my first road car which was a Mini then I had 12 of them I have had hundreads of cars its a hobby and a passion. At the moment for fun I have a 65 GT350 Mustang a Mercedes 300CE and a Jeep for everyday. I love Classics there a bit like myself
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020720113074.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	47354
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-mustang.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	47350  

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678