Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: rioting in the UK

Reviews

Cop rioting in the UK

sporadic riots are breaking out across London and most recently in
    Birmingham. Youths on bicycles are using SMS to organise attacks on police
    and to loot shops. it must be dificult for police to contain or predict where matters
    might go tonight.

people say this is bad PR for olympics 2012, but these disenfrancised youth don't give
    a sh*t about high level stuff like that. now, wheres footlocker? size 10's Nikes...

Blog Entries

I do not agree with how these young poeple are behaving but 10's of 1,000s of students marched in London again the cuts and student fees - nothing happened. Millions marched against the Wars, nothing happened. The middle class and working class public sector workers marched in the their 10s of 1000,s in London recently and nothing changed. May be these dissaffected people feel that this is the only way to get attention now.

Very, very sad state of affairs for us all in the UK. They are loosing their jobs and public services, and this may be a cry for help and they feel the state are against them sadly.

I am amazed that the Irish did not protest more over your cuts? Why do you think this was?
    Last edited by charlottebabe; 08-08-11 at 19:38.
    www.lady-love.co.uk
    Dublin 19 November
    E80 1/2 hour
    E120 one hour

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlottebabe For This Useful Post:

bhoywonder (08-08-11), Nicole (09-08-11), UKHeather (09-08-11), warmcome (08-08-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by charlottebabe View Post
    I do not agree with how these young poeple are behaving but 10's of 1,000s of students marched in London again the cuts and student fees - nothing happened. Millions marched against the Wars, nothing happened. The middle class and working class public sector workers marched in the their 10s of 1000,s in London recently and nothing changed. May be these dissaffected people feel that this is the only way to get attention now.

Very, very sad state of affairs for us all in the UK. They are loosing their jobs and public services, and this may be a cry for help and they feel the state are against them sadly.

I am amazed that the Irish did not protest more over your cuts? Why do you think this was?
    it's hard to say, charlotte. i'd say a combination of things including
    that people realise how bad things are and are being somewhat responsible about it?

Reviews

It's not over in Ireland yet. There will be more cuts and more taxes this year and for the next god knows how many more years. Less money will be spent which will mean more unemployment. At some point Ireland will break too. It's very sad to see what we take for granted as a civilised society in the matter of a couple of days turn into civil unrest and anarchy.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Reviews

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

dr love (08-08-11), Nicole (09-08-11), Rodney69 (08-08-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Just looked at sky news warmcome , scary stuff .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by charlottebabe View Post

fucking well said....peaceful demonstration achieves fuck all these days. shame to say it but im looking at these riots and im thinking power to the people!!! this is what happens when you ignore your people for too long
    see you next tuesday

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhoywonder For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (09-08-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Just looked at sky news warmcome , scary stuff .: doc
    Yep, same on BBC News channel. They had a guy on the phone stuck in the middle of it trying to get home through Croydon,
    while a big shop is burning to the ground close to where he was standing. Even showing live footage of it burning from a helicopter.
    Sheer madness.

Reviews

Crazy stuff to see. Seems to be more trouble all over London.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Most riots in the UK are usually to do with either football politics or drunken nights out, and it really gives the Brits a real bad reputation. I remember only a few years ago loads of football hooligans were actually banned from travelling abroad to see certain football matches as a result of their previous football hooligan antics. It's the usual case of some spoil it for everyone else.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Rodney69 (08-08-11)

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast