Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Politics

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,303
    Reviews
    15

    Default Politics

    Forgive me perhaps being controversial, but I find it strange that on a site dedicated to the wonderful attributes and pleasures of mutual consential company that politics and sport seep into the various threads.

    There are those, who like me, tend to let their fingers go and let fly, sometimes very unwisely, there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them. True freedom is understanding that the only person we can control is ourselves, and allowing others to have their viewpoint.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

    Morpheus (01-08-11), Escort AdvertiserStephanie (31-07-11), warmcome (31-07-11), wolfie (31-07-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    5,440
    Reviews
    27

    Default

    And I believe I know exactly the lady you are refering to mate

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

    Escort AdvertiserStephanie (31-07-11)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Forgive me perhaps being controversial, but I find it strange that on a site dedicated to the wonderful attributes and pleasures of mutual consential company that politics and sport seep into the various threads.

    There are those, who like me, tend to let their fingers go and let fly, sometimes very unwisely, there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them. True freedom is understanding that the only person we can control is ourselves, and allowing others to have their viewpoint.

    To see what has happened to America, and to know how and why it came about forbides me the luxury of sitting quitely, and not speaking my mind, especially having watched the demise of Ireland while the Irish went about speaking in cliches, and vacationing in Spain-NOT ON MY WATCH;I'm speaking up for mine

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Forgive me perhaps being controversial, but I find it strange that on a site dedicated to the wonderful attributes and pleasures of mutual consential company that politics and sport seep into the various threads.

    There are those, who like me, tend to let their fingers go and let fly, sometimes very unwisely, there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them. True freedom is understanding that the only person we can control is ourselves, and allowing others to have their viewpoint.
    If you need more butter,Mer would have extra stock,lol.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Forgive me perhaps being controversial, but I find it strange that on a site dedicated to the wonderful attributes and pleasures of mutual consential company that politics and sport seep into the various threads.

    There are those, who like me, tend to let their fingers go and let fly, sometimes very unwisely, there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them. True freedom is understanding that the only person we can control is ourselves, and allowing others to have their viewpoint.
    Eh, No !! Not around here anyway Doodlebug. I started a thread yesterday on Freedom of Speech and Expression and it was quickly deleted and I got infracted for it. Apparently, such sentiments are seen ' as provoking others to cause trouble ' ! There you go.
    Last edited by ksteve; 31-07-11 at 11:56.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ksteve For This Useful Post:

    Ebony Amber (31-07-11)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,303
    Reviews
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    To see what has happened to America, and to know how and why it came about forbides me the luxury of sitting quitely, and not speaking my mind, especially having watched the demise of Ireland while the Irish went about speaking in cliches, and vacationing in Spain-NOT ON MY WATCH;I'm speaking up for mine
    Anita, I am not asking you to remain quiet, I have engaged with you on other threads and I very much value your viewpoint as I am watching from over here so to speak. This thread is merely an observation of how politics permeates everything we do, particularly in this country. I am highly politiicised and believe we all should be, I value people who speak their minds and aren't afraid to post their political viewpoints regardless of where. However I do admire others ability to rise above what can become visceral arguments, and for my own stress levels I am trying to emulate them. As you know Anita we probably share a broad political outlook.

    x

  10. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    there are others who are constrained and maintain a certain dignity, using their willpower to rise above taunts. I admire these people and I am in the process of trying to model myself on them.
    Thank you Doodles.. it certainly can be challenging at times..
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  11. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksteve View Post
    Eh, No !! Not around here anyway Doodlebug. I started a thread yesterday on Freedom of Speech and Expression and it was quickly deleted and I got infracted for it. Apparently, such sentiments are seen ' as provoking others to cause trouble ' ! There you go.
    Really, what did you say? Ah, doh, you cannot say what you said.. xx

    Now I feel like I am becoming part of the community.. I just had my first incident of a thread of mine deleted-- within a minute..

    But, after exchanging PMs with the Mod on duty, and getting very helpful guidance and input from said person, I took another

    stab at it, and I think it's still up.. I am still a newbie, am still learning the parameters of appropriate posting.. After all I can be So

    inflammatory at times...
    Last edited by Stephanie; 31-07-11 at 12:07.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Really, what did you say? Ah, doh, you cannot say what you said.. xx

    Now I feel like I am becoming part of the community.. I just had my first incident of a thread of mine deleted-- within a minute..

    But, after exchanging PMs with the Mod on duty, and getting very helpful guidance and input from said person, I took another

    stab at it, and I think it's still up.. I am still a newbie, am still learning the parameters of appropriate posting.. After all I can be So

    inflammatory at times...
    Funny, so did I --- but my guidance was in the form of a jackboot up the arse !!

  13. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksteve View Post
    Funny, so did I --- but my guidance was in the form of a jackboot up the arse !!
    Maybe you should be nicer lol sweet as honey and accept the authority of said person over you and your opinion
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •