Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Adiós Folks.......for a while

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    I am wondering if people start 'Goodbye' threads just so other posters will ask them not to leave!

If you are leaving, then leave. Why is there always a big song and dance.

If someone is leaving, why do other posters ask them to stay? If someone feels the strange compulsion to announce their departure then at least respect their decision.

Disclaimer: Before anyone starts. This is a general observation, not specific to any one leaver!
    This is an unusual sentiment Heather. This is supposed to be a community and people do get to know other posters in a
    virtual way but also peoples' real personalities often come through. Why would you want those posters to just ' vanish ' from the community overnight without any explanation or parting words at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by ksteve View Post
    This is an unusual sentiment Heather. This is supposed to be a community and people do get to know other posters in a
    virtual way but also peoples' real personalities often come through. Why would you want those posters to just ' vanish ' from the community overnight without any explanation or parting words at all ?
    It's not about what I want. I just wonder why people don't say their goodbyes privately..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

QueenBee (31-07-11)

Reviews

It's not about what I want. I just wonder why people don't say their goodbyes privately..
    That takes time especially seeing as you are limited not only by the amount of recipients but also the amount of Pm's you can send, then there's the replies to the Pm's. It is a lot easier and quicker especially if it's a spur of the moment decision to leave.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

benin (31-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    That takes time especially seeing as you are limited not only by the amount of recipients but also the amount of Pm's you can send, then there's the replies to the Pm's. It is a lot easier and quicker especially if it's a spur of the moment decision to leave.
    There is that. To me it still seems like a lot of it is drama queen attention seeking. Too much flouncing. Westie's a perfect example.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Well why not just leave and come back whenever?

I mean I stopped playing tetris doesn't mean I'd go onto the tetris forum and say I'm leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Well why not just leave and come back whenever?

I mean I stopped playing tetris doesn't mean I'd go onto the tetris forum and say I'm leaving.

yeah..but you were shite at tetris....lol

Reviews

There is that. To me it still seems like a lot of it is drama queen attention seeking. Too much flouncing. Westie's a perfect example.
    It's nice to be nice, I wouldn't say I would be missed too much but at the same time I have seen plenty of threads woundering where certain members have gone, isn't it easier to put up a thread saying you're taking time out so as to stop people guessing should anyone even notice in the first place..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

sadly yes, yes I was it was that damn Z shaped that messed me up alot couldn't handle it!

Also sperminator logged on today this afternoon was this to check to see who misses him?

Reviews

This thread is different to most "goodbye" threads. MM hasnt posted since. He is actually gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    This thread is different to most "goodbye" threads. MM hasnt posted since. He is actually gone.
    ....on holidays ...dont worry mm is never far away...lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

QueenBee (31-07-11)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345