Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why it's so hard get job??

Reviews

i personally think interviews are a load of bollox some people freeze in interviews and blank out including me lol all this bullshit like what are your strenths and tell me a bit about yourself :O well my strenth is im good with my hands lol some people could talk for ever in an interview and get the job and when they start work they could be absoultly shit workers and as for the average joes like myself its back to the dole office lol

Reviews

Even getting to the interview stage means you are on the right road. It just takes a bit of time and maybe you should ask for some feedback on the interviews. Some times people under sell themselves in interviews and feedback would help you in the next interview. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Army Girl View Post
    Thank you everybody for hope

Quote Originally Posted by herodotus View Post
    Even getting to the interview stage means you are on the right road. It just takes a bit of time and maybe you should ask for some feedback on the interviews. Some times people under sell themselves in interviews and feedback would help you in the next interview. Good luck!
    Ok i will consider your opinion about feedback great idea thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Army Girl For This Useful Post:

Reviews

dont worry you will be great in the interview hun its just a load of people apply for them sometimes dont worry you will get there keep the faith in yourself if you dont belive in yourself who will thats what i always say lol , the best of luck with it anyway hun

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Army Girl (11-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    would you mind telling me
    wot makes a bad or good cv?
    wot have you came across on a cv that made it stand out ?
    any tips etc etc

as im also looking for a normal job
    i did buy a bright red power suit dress for interviews

Hmmm roleplay ideas running through my mind, LOL

x

Reviews

you need to be very luki now 2 get a job.if you know someone in an office or sumting then it helps.i was 2 and a half years with no work and i would send up to 25 cvs and not one reply.i got a temporary job now but the pay is poor and i only get paid up to 8 hours work a day but sometimes have to work 12 or 13hours a day.its shitty but i gotta do it and its easier to get another job while your working.no one wants to employ anyone who has gone a year or more without a job so the longer it is since ya last worked the harder it is to replace someone. i was jus luki to get this but do keep trying .i wish you all da best...

any tips etc etc

Hi Hun

Well I have seen them all but mostly it is poorly done CV's like basic information
    and done in hand writing. A CV should give all your detials of who you are,where
    you live,where your from,details of DOB also if born outside Ireland country of birth.
    It seems like standard stuff but lots of people dont do it. Then you have details of
    education and also previous work experience. This should be presented in an easy
    to read manner so the person reading it get all the information they need to review
    it when your gone. CV that stand out are as above I cant stress enough you need to
    get accross that you really want the job and that you will do your best if given the chance.
    Some people think that they are doing you a favor if you take them on lol
    I have found that the French are the worst of all to employ I had 3 and they all got a chance
    at the interview stage and got the jobs but when they got the job they just turned into the
    worst workers ever. Spanish were great as are the Chinese ad I have a few from Pakistan.
    Where are the Irish I hear you asking lol well they wouldnt bother their holes even applying
    and if they did they were the ones that thought they were doing you a favor ! Strange Times

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The very best of luck AG -- I have no doubt you will be successful !

Yes, I have a few tips and hopefully they will help;

* Great attitude. I cannot emphasize this enough. In the stress of the currnet enviornment, an employer wants to know that you are happy and willing to do whatever tasks are necessary to help your employer.

* present yourself well. This does not mean looking like a million dollars on a cubbing nite out but it does mean looking sharp and presentable. This shows respect for the employer as well as his customers.

* Find out the name of the person who is the decision maker and try and make direct contact with that person if possible.

* find out a little bit about the company and the type of business it operates in.

* If you are delivering a CV , make sure it reads properly and is not sloppy in any way. If it is sloppy, then he will think your work will be sloppy too.

* A CV will not get you a job but a good covering letter might get you an interview.

* be flexible on pay and coonditions -- you can sort it after you have got the job.

Best of luck !

Blog Entries

They're not going to hire foreigners no matter what they tell you; us to be employers were to hire Irish people ,first
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 11-07-11 at 17:44.

any tips etc etc

The main thing with a CV is that it should give an impression of you before you come for an interview. It shoud be factual and not too longwinded. Above all avoid spelling mistakes at all costs. Have it typed and laid out clearly without clutter. Relevant experience and education qualifications are important but there is no need to list what kindergarten school you attended. These days include contact number and email address. Many employers will respond by email but will not write. Be sure to mention what languages you have and what level of fluency you have in them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast