Thread: Should women fight the ageing process ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Men and women are affected by ageing equally. Culturally, it may be perceived differently, but both sexes are affected equally. Although the average life expectancy for women is actually higher than men by a couple of years! So women win!!

I agree with SR71, that we cannot fight the tide of time. There's no doubt that we have an onus to live healthily and take care of our bodies, but in the end - we only get older with each passing year and not younger.

Ahh...to be twenty again!!! I was fit as f*ck, 0% body fat, the energy of a gazelle - could play football all day and still go out to the wee hours of the morning partying and trying to pull chicks. However, was as useless then at pulling as I am now!
    "Ahh... to be twenty again!!! "

Here's a funny thing about age: before coming to Dub, I plotted and planned how I can do this adventure properly.. I knew I had

what it takes, but was very concerned about my age, seeing that I had passed twenty a few years back lol.. I even considered

botox and such, to try to appear more youthful... Thankfully I did none of that.. AND, as it happens I find that my 'mature' status

is actually an advantage! I am thrilled with that turn of events

Of course we all buy the latest product.. of course we hope to be more youthful.. but all that comes from inside..

I find that when I smile a lot (which is often) more people smile back at me.. now is that about my looks or youthfulness? I think

you do appear more youthful when in a good spirit and cheerful.. But I think the real beauty comes from accepting who you are

and being content with the skin you are in.. ***I reserve the right to change my mind as the years wear on

Do I wish I was twenty again? Who doesn't?

Am I enjoying the age I am? You betcha

Growing old gracefully can only be achieved if you have acceptance and grace in your heart..

(Having a good surgeon on a standby may also be beneficial lol)
    Last edited by Stephanie; 05-07-11 at 00:45.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

alexis (05-07-11), anon361 (05-07-11), Happy Gilmore (05-07-11), JAMESCORK (05-07-11), mature abby (05-07-11), Morpheus (05-07-11), TiffanyTees (05-07-11), whatsup (05-07-11)