Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: United sign new keeper

Reviews

Default United sign new keeper

No surprise here. Seems a good shot stopper, and really good in one on one situations. Hope he's as good at claiming crosses as they say. Scum bags like Gerrard, Carragher et al will be having a dig at him from set pieces no doubt. Hope he's got good kicking ability like Van Der Saar, and is comfortable with the ball.

These were the best two clips I found.

Last edited by wingman; 29-06-11 at 13:49.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wingman For This Useful Post:

Forrest (29-06-11)

Reviews

Seems like a good keeper. Shay Given off to Villa delighted he is getting a move to good to sit on the bench.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegirls View Post
    Seems like a good keeper. Shay Given off to Villa delighted he is getting a move to good to sit on the bench.
    Class keeper is Given, being a spurs fan im a tad gutted that we have ended up with Frediel. Friediel is a bit past it if you ask me. Given would of been ideal at the lane. oh well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hardcore Max1 For This Useful Post:

spur (29-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Max View Post
    Class keeper is Given, being a spurs fan im a tad gutted that we have ended up with Frediel. Friediel is a bit past it if you ask me. Given would of been ideal at the lane. oh well
    Hi is class and i really dont know why someone bigger didnt come in for him. Would have been a better signing for Spurs than Frediel and Arsenal need a good steady keeper as well thought they would have made a move.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

7. Default

I think City only sell to teams that they dont think will be a threat to them. with respect to Villa. They wont be pushing the top four next season.. Spurs (i hope) and arsenal will. Last season Bellamy and apparently Adeboyer wanted to join spurs but City refused to let them join. Bellamy went to cardiff Hardly a threat to City, and adeboyer was loaned out to real madrid not really a threat as they are in a different league Hopefully when the new fifa rules come in to play next year this will be changed.

Reviews

De Gea is a great young keeper and will be at utd for years to come.I was delighted to hear Given is getting a move but really disappointed he is not coming to Spurs.I would have hated to see either Bellamy or Adeboyer at spurs.

9. Default

De Gea looks like he will be a great keeper, only worry i would have if he came to my club is will he be able to adapt to the premiership quikly as its more phyiscal and alot more crosses then in spain as its all very much played on the gound

Reviews

That's my concern, but apparently he's solid. My other worry is the language barrier. Shouldn't be too much of a probblem communicating on the pitch, it's more settling to life in Manchester. Let's hope it goes well.

Reviews

There's no doubt he is going to be a great keeper for Utd. The thing is he will probably make some mistakes in the beginning. With a good defence ahead of him it should be easier than at other clubs if he had joined. I must admit Utd have made some very good signings this summer.

I hear Arsenal been linked with every player going. I've heard in recent weeks they were close to signing Gervinho, Alvarez and Alex Oxelade Chamberlain. Only to find out there's been no bid yet for Gervinho and Inter Milan are going to hijack Arsenals move for Alvarez. Other teams make signings fast. Arsenal seem to drag them out all summer.

Reviews

Arsenal are in a bit of a mess at the moment alright.

What they need is a leveraged buy-out and some American owners

Also a well balanced and talented team with a never give-up attitude might help.
    Last edited by wingman; 29-06-11 at 19:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wingman For This Useful Post:

Forrest (29-06-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast