Thread: Difficulties arranging appointments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

....Call at the given time!
    Although if she asked you to call at 5.30 and when you called early, the appointment was already gone, sounds like she was double booking anyway?
    Otherwise, really the confirmation system is the only way we can work- With the amount of no shows and false bookings in Ireland, for me personally it is the only way I can secure my appointments without double booking, which isn't something I am prepared to do.
    Ergo, if the client doesn't call at the time as arranged, the next person who is waiting for that time slot will be given it instead.
    On one occasion the confirming client called 15 mins late and lost the appointment, as I already had someone waiting to see if it was free- unfortunate, but as I say, with the sheer volume of false bookings in Ireland, that's the only way to be fair on both the clients (by not double booking) and myself (by having some modicum of commitment by the client before the appointment, in order that I don't sit around like a twat all day while idiots book with no intention of showing up, and potential real clients miss out.)
    If, when the lady asks you to call at a certain time, you know you can't, perhaps say this to her and arrange anohter mutually convenient time to confirm with a call? That way she knows you're not messing about.
    Last edited by Appoline; 14-11-07 at 15:22.