Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: discrimination

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    I must confess that I've never sat down and read or viewed movies, tv prgrammes, or documentaries about how bad black people were treated in America because I didn't want my mind corrupted and filled with hatred towards my fellow human being, so I blindly went through life living by the Golden Rule-''Do to others as you would have them do to you.'' I mean for the longest time, untill I went to Ireland, I honestly can say I didn't know how to treat someone badly because of their race, nationality, religion or whatever. Everybody got treated equally, and fairly, it was how I raised, and all I knew.

Now, I'll tell you the truth I can't stand white people, and it's not just Irish people, English Eastern European the whole lot of you all, you've got personality traits that are down right offensive. And remember this is coming from a person who went out of their way to be a lover of manknd; a person who really didn't know how to be a racist if somebody paid them.
    Anita, it is sad to read of your experience, not least because it was Ireland that brought that realisation to you. I was in US last year and I visited the National Civil Rights Museum, and I can tell you as a white person, i cried, to think that man could treat fellow man in that way regardless of colour or creed. I hope that you can judge people as individuals and then maybe you will meet good people of all and every race and you won't feel the same.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (21-06-11), NaughyYanna (22-06-11), UKHeather (21-06-11)

I've experienced discrimination from strangers in Ireland because of my accent. Not much, admittedly, but it has happened. I have also been subjected to repeated, not to mention incredibly boring piss taking from an Irish catholic friend because of the church I was baptised into as a baby, and I am not of the catholic persuasion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Anita, it is sad to read of your experience, not least because it was Ireland that brought that realisation to you. I was in US last year and I visited the National Civil Rights Museum, and I can tell you as a white person, i cried, to think that man could treat fellow man in that way regardless of colour or creed. I hope that you can judge people as individuals and then maybe you will meet good people of all and every race and you won't feel the same.
    Thanks, but things aren't as bad as I make them out to be-I still treat people equally and fairly regardless of their race or creed; I kick myself sometimes, but it's my nature and no one can ever take that away from me no matter how badly they treat me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (21-06-11)

I must confess that I've never sat down and read or viewed movies, tv prgrammes, or documentaries about how bad black people were treated in America because I didn't want my mind corrupted and filled with hatred towards my fellow human being, so I blindly went through life living by the Golden Rule-''Do to others as you would have them do to you.'' I mean for the longest time, untill I went to Ireland, I honestly can say I didn't know how to treat someone badly because of their race, nationality, religion or whatever. Everybody got treated equally, and fairly, it was how I raised, and all I knew.

Now, I'll tell you the truth I can't stand white people, and it's not just Irish people, English Eastern European the whole lot of you all, you've got personality traits that are down right offensive. And remember this is coming from a person who went out of their way to be a lover of manknd; a person who really didn't know how to be a racist if somebody paid them.
    I am sorry you feel that way but we are not all the same
    CBG

I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    I've experienced discrimination from strangers in Ireland because of my accent. Not much, admittedly, but it has happened. I have also been subjected to repeated, not to mention incredibly boring piss taking from an Irish catholic friend because of the church I was baptised into as a baby, and I am not of the catholic persuasion.
    Half my family are Catholic, the other half Protestant. The bickering is unbelievable, considering none of them actually go to church! This is one of the reasons why I chose to be an Atheist.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (21-06-11), UKHeather (21-06-11)

That's quite sad to read Anita. Of course people from particular cultures will share some traits, but..People are individuals and I always try to remember that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (21-06-11), El Gordo (23-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_rebeka8722 View Post
    it was happening to me a few times. once i want to go in a club and they didn't let me just because i am not irish.
    at the hospital when i went i was feeling bad but i just stay 3 hours waitting and i receive a paracetamol. i also pay 100euro.
    and at the jym,they asked my student card,but just because i am not from here i was asked to go between some hours. when i went,told me that i should come between some other hours,i went second day and the story repeted.
    i am sorry to hear you story but only two weeks ago i had to go to hospital i went to one and yes had to wait like everyone else but when he doctor looked at me she was amazing said i needed to go to another hospital she helped me so much i went to the other hospital doctor was good to me i had to stay 3 days all the staff very kind when i got out i had to go to a clinic and the nurse there is very kind so all i can say is irish hospitals very good to me

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Half my family are Catholic, the other half Protestant. The bickering is unbelievable, considering none of them actually go to church! This is one of the reasons why I chose to be an Atheist.
    Oh yeah - those massive differences between the two.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

samlad (21-06-11)

Reviews

Sorry about that some of us Irish are just ignorant, on behalf of my country I apologize

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hitman76 For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (21-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Oh yeah - those massive differences between the two.
    Yeah! Well, we all know who's to blame for that, don't we?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast