Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed please

Reviews

Go for it John Shaft, its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    Bada Bing!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (20-06-11)

Hi John u really sound sweet and genuine, just tell her u never know till u try. Anyway u have nothing to loose if she said no u are leaving the country.

As a man u have to take little bit more risk and just said what u have in ur heart and feel for her.
    Dont miss that chance otherwise u may blame yourself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sashaeve For This Useful Post:

benin (20-06-11), warmcome (20-06-11)

Reviews

John

You don't need me to tell you what everyone else has already said, but look at like this. You aren't with her at the minute so if you tell her and she isn't interested you are no worse off, indeed you can to to another country and start fresh completely fresh. I suspect she is cool with you because she does feel something and feels she is losing you to the foreign country, easier to be cool now and tell herself she isn't interested than to go through the pain of losing you. If she is interested, she may just be waiting for you to say you are too and you can both think about getting together.

She is not your last chance etc, I am older than you have been married once and I am sure I have at least one more life changing relationship in me so never think that you can't have a marriage or whatever.

So go for it, and come back and show us the smile on your face so we know what happened. Good luck.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    John

You don't need me to tell you what everyone else has already said, but look at like this. You aren't with her at the minute so if you tell her and she isn't interested you are no worse off, indeed you can to to another country and start fresh completely fresh. I suspect she is cool with you because she does feel something and feels she is losing you to the foreign country, easier to be cool now and tell herself she isn't interested than to go through the pain of losing you. If she is interested, she may just be waiting for you to say you are too and you can both think about getting together.

She is not your last chance etc, I am older than you have been married once and I am sure I have at least one more life changing relationship in me so never think that you can't have a marriage or whatever.

So go for it, and come back and show us the smile on your face so we know what happened. Good luck.
    Very wise words...
    For all the cliches etc, it's better to regret something y'did than something y'didn't do.

or to look at it from another angle..
    Is it fair to pour out your heart and then leave the country?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    or to look at it from another angle..
    Is it fair to pour out your heart and then leave the country?
    he's not really choosing to leave, it's the economy...
    she may join him abroad as she wants a new job too.

Reviews

i have avoided getting involved with anyone,
    to facilitate my probable move abroad.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i have avoided getting involved with anyone,
    to facilitate my probable move abroad.
    I put off a move abroad, partly because of someone, now she doesn't even speak to me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    I put off a move abroad, partly because of someone, now she doesn't even speak to me!!!
    Women!!!!!

What stopped you making a move before? Are you just romanticising her because she is the only person on the horizon at the moment? If you genuinely feel for her it might be difficult to express, but you need to be honest about your feelings and tell her why you didn't make a move earlier. If it is genuine and from the heart, she will know you are serious.
    If it doesn't work out, live and learn and don't take so long in expressing your feelings for the girl you will meet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast