Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Wow...

just read all of this and I am bit stunned...

However, just to make a few points...

1) I was the photographer and I own the photos. Full stop. They're mine, it's my work and I can do with them whatever I want. If I wanted to print out several copies and post them all over town, I could. The subject was willing, the photos were taken with permission... and the subject was not under any duress.

Myself and the subject have no agreement verbal or otherwise giving ownership of these photos over to the subject.

The subject was given these photos to whatever she wanted with... that however does not mean I can not do the same. The photos are property of the photographer, not the subject. She freely modeled and I freely gave her copies.

2) Second I did not publish these photos on this site. I do not admin this site, I have no say of what gets published or doesn't . To the best of my knowledge Particia does, however, admin this site. She decides what is published and what isn't.

I submitted this photo as part of a contest on this site. I had no idea it would be published or for how long it would be up.

3) Second, Eastwoman, since you seem to be mysteriously informed about this photo subject's feelings please contact the subject and direct her to contact Patricia... if she wishes to have the photos taken down, I do not object.

4) as per this "other site" you speak of, I did not post this photo elsewhere. I don't know what site you are talking about. If another site admin sees my photo, likes it and decides to post it without my permission there's not much I can do about it. All they have to do is click on the photo copy it and it then they have it. I don't have time to go around policing web sites.

Lastly, I am not a hire photographer. I DO NOT hire myself out. I am an artist and the subject should feel lucky to have copies of my work; the photos are very good. I remember the subject squealing with delight over them. Many people have photos done by me and they enjoy them very much, I am VERY good at what I do and I enjoy photography. I have never claimed to operate in a business capacity.

So in conclusion, I did not post this photo to this or any other site. I do not need the subject's permission to exhibit the photos and I can not stop others from stealing the photos from this site to use elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

Hal
Did the model sign a model release form? If she did not, you do NOT have authorisation to publish these photos in any form of media, even though you own the copyright.

Watch it, you could end up with the pants sued off you.