Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Apocalypse.......

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plugged and happy in Shirley's Dungeon ! !
    Posts
    1,706
    Reviews
    6

    Default Apocalypse.......

    ....... Now!

    Have just watched Apocalypse Now (Director's Cut of course). What a stunning piece of cinema.

    The cameo by Robert Duvall (Col Kilgore), the cinematography, really tight editing, the dialogue and then the soundtrack.

    This must rank as one of the best war / anti-war films of all time!

    Discuss........

    Sorry guys, some wine on board!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BACMAN36 For This Useful Post:

    dark-knight (19-06-11), Doozer (18-06-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BACMAN36 View Post
    ....... Now!

    Have just watched Apocalypse Now (Director's Cut of course). What a stunning piece of cinema.

    The cameo by Robert Duvall (Col Kilgore), the cinematography, really tight editing, the dialogue and then the soundtrack.

    This must rank as one of the best war / anti-war films of all time!

    Discuss........

    Sorry guys, some wine on board!
    its on my to do list...however so are about 15 escorts here...its down the list...lol

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Was it Dustin Hofman who got fired from Martin Sheens role
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dublin (the real capital)
    Posts
    426
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Was it Dustin Hofman who got fired from Martin Sheens role
    I'm not sure. I think that could have been Harvey Keitel. Not sure though.

    Jimbob

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobbins View Post
    I'm not sure. I think that could have been Harvey Keitel. Not sure though.

    Jimbob
    I think you could be right
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Great film.......eh has been out for a few years now though !
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,970

    Default

    Was it as good as the one with Jimmy Saville in? Apocalypse Now Then
    Last edited by UKHeather; 18-06-11 at 23:31.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

    jimbobbins (21-06-11)

  10. #8

    Default

    Absolutely right, Harvey Keitel actually began the shoot. Coppola replaced him after a couple of weeks with Sheen.

    Lost count of how many times I have seen it. Will be my first Blue Ray purchase.

    The imagery. The improvisation from Brando (at his spoilt best). Sheen's internal conflict.
    The film is non-lineal and superb, and will be discussed for another 30 odd years.

    This is the end, my only friend the end, of our elaborate plans... the end!
    And that is just the beginning.
    The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plugged and happy in Shirley's Dungeon ! !
    Posts
    1,706
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Was it as good as the one with Jimmy Saville in? Apocalypse Now Then

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BACMAN36 View Post
    Crikey. It was bad, but..That's a bit drastic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •