Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nationality

Blog Entries
    Reviews

One issue is that the nationality field is required. So if a lady, or gentleman, doesn't want to list her, or his, real nationality then she, or he, still has to list some nationality. It would be good if "none of your f**king business" were an option for nationality.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

sweethomes (14-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by EbonyAmber View Post
    I was born in Camden Town so it doesn't make a difference lol but I'm confused.
    You were born in Scotland but spent the majority of your life in England so advertise as English. But if I'd been born in Somalia but spent the majority of my life in England I would still be Somalian?
    Sorry for the confusion. I can see why you were.
    I am Scottish yes. But for the purposes of advertising here, I advertise as English. That is because if I advertise as Scottish, clients would expect a Scottish accent, which I don't have. I have an English accent. It doesn't make me English though lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

Ebony Amber (14-06-11)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EbonyAmber View Post
    So if I was born in Somalia but lived in England for 15 years does that make me Somalian, English or British?
    Nationality has hardly anything to do with the passport / piece of paper someone has or with the country you are living in. It has to do if you are assimilated, feel and behave like e.g. a British/English for an example.

E.g. you have in Germany Turkish people - third generation - born and raised in the country who are not assimilated, hardly speak the language, reject the democratic state and would like to introduce Sharia law.
    They may have a German passport but are generally not seen as German.
    On the other hand you have for example a guy born in Vietnam, was adopted at the age of 9 months, was an Officer in the German Army, Catholic - and is now the German Vice Chancellor and Minister for Economic/Business and Technology - and I would say he is German regardless of his ethnic background/place of birth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Conrad de Montferrat For This Useful Post:

Ebony Amber (14-06-11)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234