Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: dealing with bullies in the work place??

Reviews

yep, in work nearly every one has their position in their email signature, whatever that position maybe. Some exaggerate it more than others. Some have it in bigger fonts. some have all their qualifications and whatever else makes them stand-out.
    It all means jack shit to me. The only thing I have is my name. I'd much rather let my work do the talking that some fancy title.

It's about what you do, not who you are.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

mart (12-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    lolol kidkool nice
    thats how ya treat a fucker like that, a taste of thier own medicine a bully cannot take it due to their own fears about themselves

Ah its the only way man, a quick dry humorless response to cut the prick in half... weather he look like a rat or have buck teeth, throw a dagger back at him!!

In work situations it is sensitive alright...in my own situation I had 3 choices, let him continue what he is doing, stand up to him as I suggested or go to management and put a complaint in... the former and the a latter are losing situations when you think about it in an work environment...

Only option is to be an arsehole back and make them feel shit about themselves.... eventually they will learn
    Last edited by kidkool; 12-06-11 at 00:55.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kidkool For This Useful Post:

mart (12-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kidkool View Post
    Ah its the only way man, a quick dry non humorless response to cut the prick in half... weather he look like a rat or have buck teeth, throw a dagger back at him!!

In work situations it is sensitive alright...in my own situation I had 3 choices, let him continue what he is doing, stand up to him as I suggested or go to management and put a complaint in... the former and the a latter are losing situations when you think about it in an work environment...

Only option is to be an arsehole back and make them feel shit about themselves.... eventually they will learn
    Very true Kid, outside of work is it lot easier. Bullies are only good at giving. They can not take it at all. Give them the same abuse and they usually crumble in the end.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Reviews

ah ive dealt with bullies all my life, sometimes it does get to me sure... but I always win out eventually far as I'm concerned...

I've moved on from the job I'm in now... quit in few weeks and this dickhead had the cheek to ask me to help him get a job where I'm moving to??!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidkool For This Useful Post:

mart (12-06-11), Rodney69 (12-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    no he is not bullying me.lol.id fucking put him through a wall
    but can see he will try with my younger ones 19-24 yr olds when im not there
    was looking for a serious answer
    thanks mart
    Sit him down talk to him educate him if that doesn't work get rid off there is no place in the workplace our society for a bully.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kidkool View Post
    ah ive dealt with bullies all my life, sometimes it does get to me sure... but I always win out eventually far as I'm concerned...

I've moved on from the job I'm in now... quit in few weeks and this dickhead had the cheek to ask me to help him get a job where I'm moving to??!!

Cheeky bastard I hope you told him where to go.

Reviews

There's a fine line between being a bully and being assertive. The test is how it's received. If the person on the receiving end feels intimidated and worthless, if it affects their life outside of work and in it, then it's bullying. If the recipient sees it as a kick up the arse and sees a reason for it, if it means they'll do something properly next time, then it's being assertive. The tricky bit is that two different people can take the same treatment in different ways ... for one it's bullying, for the other it's not.

Someone earlier said they worked hard and used that fact to justify why they shouldn't be bullied. That is a nonsense for two reasons. One is that there are no circumstances under which someone is allowed to bully another. Second, it is possible to work like a lunatic and still not be productive. Trying to break a large rock with a tiny hammer for example ..... no matter how hard you work you'll never get the job done.

Invariably you'll find that workplace bullies are bad managers. The only way they know to keep their staff under control is with the stick. Luckily we've got a legal system in this country which tends to place a greater weight of protectionism on the employee rather than the employer. I'd encourage anyone to take the bully to task by official means every time. I realise that takes a lot of courage which may not always be available.

If I was a bully's boss, I'd do the same. If one of my staff was doing something to present a potential exposure to my company, I would show zero tolerance. Throw the staff handbook at them right away, and manage them out ASAP. Better that that me getting the sack for not clamping down on it.
    Last edited by Banjo; 12-06-11 at 12:41.

Blog Entries

An old Hoodoo trick to get rid of worrsome co-workers is to sprinkle csyenne pepper around where they trespass n order to get them to leave, 'Hot footing'
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 12-06-11 at 12:59.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234