Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dealing with bullies in the work place??

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    no he is not bullying me.lol.id fucking put him through a wall
    but can see he will try with my younger ones 19-24 yr olds when im not there
    was looking for a serious answer
    thanks mart
    On a serious note, give him a verbal warning. Start as you mean to go on and show him that his nasty ways wont be tolerated
    He felt her hands slide slowly up his thigh, he couldn't stop himself from growing hard. She caught his eye and in that second he knew: This erotic, sensual Lady is bold if she is anything. She would be upto mischief in no time...
    Some things never change

Reviews

hey people
    im a chef now 22 years and am just curious.in your own chosen field of work have you had to deal wth bullies in the workplace??and how did you deal with them??
    in my line of work it use to very common and almost nearly expected of you to bully and harrass the younger ones coming up behind you..
    not my style at all and ive just hired a sous chef who im beginning to see this trait in him,
    now,i know how to deal with it .dont get me wrong.its not the first time i have had to deal with it..
    but just curious has anyone else come accross this and how you sorted it out??..
    cheers mart
    I worked as a waiter through college and the head chef's were real wankers. they gave everyone abuse. It was always the waiters/waitresses fault. As you say it must be expected in the business. That doesn't mean it should be tolerated though )

( like your signature btw )
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Reviews

theqm thanks..
    ive found myself i had to get rid of 2 who could not help themselves but continue..but once confronted most are cowards anyway
    its better to burn out than to fade away

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishAlex View Post
    It's easier said than done in some instances Rayden. I was bullied by a manager in an office to the point where I was crying before, during and after work. If it was outside of my job, I would have given her the height of abuse but as she had the power to sack me and I didn't want to lose my job I felt I had to put up with it. I tried speaking to her Managers who totally discouraged me from making a formal complaint. So I went about things a different way - play with fire baby, you WILL burn yourself x
    All I can say is that I take no bs from anyone at my job, though I do take your point Alex.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

EnglishAlex (12-06-11)

Reviews

thanks lucy
    i like your style pretty lady.
    tried this tactic before and the lady in question was not fit for me at all,and i razed hell.but i resigned my own position in the end i felt so strongly about it ,she was a friend of the owner who owned the hotel at the time.in the end she was let go and i went back to work there a year later..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mart For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (12-06-11)

Reviews

Job I'm in now there is on particular guy who consistently makes remarks about me, I used to take it to heart but at this stage I just see him as a useless c*nt!!

Fact of the matter is this, people who do this....Do it because they need to feel better about themselves...

So....for every comment he makes at me I just reply

"Does that comment make you feel any better about being an ugly c*nt"

It's brutally honest, brief and to the point...shuts him up every time!!

Ps..I hate the C word but this is what I am dealing with!!
    Last edited by kidkool; 12-06-11 at 00:10.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kidkool For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (12-06-11)

Reviews

theqm thanks..
    ive found myself i had to get rid of 2 who could not help themselves but continue..but once confronted most are cowards anyway
    That's what I had with the first one I had to deal with. As soon as he was challenged, he backed straight down and actually looked embarassed about what he was doing. He basically thought he owned the place as he'd been there for about 30 years.

Reviews

thanks rodney for reply
    signature is from an 80s movie the highlander
    well i trained abroad and have travelled the globe as a chef but never come across the scary head chef bully attitude till i come back home to ireland.and i dont tolerate and wont allow it was just curious on other peoples experiences and who they dealt with them
    cheers dude

Blog Entries

The only way is to face this person directly, Maybe getting the younger one's to stand up for themselves???
    That way they can gain the respect that's needed but your on the sidelines as such to keep things in line

Just a suggestion

Nina

xx

thanks lucy
    i like your style pretty lady.
    tried this tactic before and the lady in question was not fit for me at all,and i razed hell.but i resigned my own position in the end i felt so strongly about it ,she was a friend of the owner who owned the hotel at the time.in the end she was let go and i went back to work there a year later..
    My motto is always raise hell If I know I am working hard, then I know my worth. Unfortunately a new phenomena I have noticed is title collecting. People like titles. Perhaps you should demote him
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Rayden (12-06-11), theqm (12-06-11)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast