Reviews

RIP Brian our thoughts are with your family .:
    doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    that is sad, brings it home that this
    is going to happen to me. RIP Brian.

You alright mate, it looks like you are in a similar situation or am I just reading into your post too much

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Shockingly young. Suddenly one's problems dont seem so important. You are only going through once guys, make the best of it and look out for your health.Very sad news ! RIP.

Reviews

Thanks for removing that insensitive post. In death everyone is entitled to respect and dignity.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubberlover For This Useful Post:

comicbookguy (10-06-11), UKHeather (10-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    You alright mate, it looks like you are in a similar situation or am I just reading into your post too much
    i think i'm all right for now-but as we all know-no one gets out alive...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i think i'm all right for now-but as we all know-no one gets out alive...
    So true, tomorrow is promised to nobody

Blog Entries

OMG, that poor soul! But even prior to being diagnoised with cancer he had the air of one who wouldn' live long. God bless him, and his family. Never met him, but he definitely was one who possesd a benevolent spirit.
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 10-06-11 at 10:59.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rubberlover View Post
    Really sad, had met him a few times and he was despite the politics side a genuine sincere guy. He could have said no to his work load, but truly wanted to do his best for the country and I think that this didn't help with his illness and his recovery. May he rest in peace. And lets remember that he was a Father, a Husband and not just a politician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohnut Boy View Post
    Well said LTG.

Didn't agree with the poilitics of the man all the time, but to die at 52 with two kids and a wife left behind. Ultimately have to respect a politician for continuing in his job despite suffering from Pancreatic cancer - it would have been easy to drop the cursed portfolio of Finance as soon as he was diagnosed.

RIP.

My condolences to the Lenihan family and may the man himself rest in peace. Whether you disagree with his politics, or blame him for errors in judgement in office - it is always a tragedy for a man to die in his prime. 52 is very young in this day and age. And he's left behind two teenage daughters, which compounds the tragedy of any family man dying young.

I completely agree with the above two posters - in that Brian Lenihan has my respect all the more because he continued in office inspite of his illness, in what he knew was a disaster portfolio. He never abandoned the sinking ship inspite of the fact that no one would have faulted him should he have resigned when he was diagnosed. Again, I'm not supporting or condoning any of the decisions he made with the former FF government, but I do think the man had dignity and class in the way he handled himself. He was also very gracious inspite of the way TV3 broke the news that he had pancreatic cancer (and followed it up by a talk on how bad pancreatic cancer is) just before Christmas 2009.

I trust that he will be remembered for his good qualities.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

10inchesandcounting (10-06-11), Dohnut Boy (10-06-11), rubberlover (10-06-11), ThomasJ (10-06-11), warmcome (10-06-11)

Reviews

Awful too see anyone die that young, RIP Brian.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast