Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They honestly make my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default They honestly make my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to QueenBee For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (08-06-11)

Natasha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post

I agree queenie, they make a lot of people's blood boil.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Natasha For This Useful Post:

QueenBee (08-06-11)

They sound like blind, narrow minded people. Yeah I agree with you Queenie.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

QueenBee (08-06-11)

7. Default

Ok will get probably beaten for my opinion but nevermind:

It is Google choice to accept or reject customers - the same choice girls can reject clients or Apple Store is rejecting certain apps.

I call it freedom - and I also don't have any problems with discrimination - not at all. I have the right to tip a pretty waitress more than I would most likely tip an uglier one. I discriminate here due to looks. I prefer women and not at all men - so I discriminate gender. If I have an interview with someone applying for a job in the department I discriminate as well due to skills/intelligence.

Nothing wrong with that and I hate political correctness. If I run a business I discriminate as I want - my problem and no one should interfere. Sure discrimination could mean I lose business/money or have higher costs - but thats my own choice and my freedom to do as I please - nobody should force someone else to do a business transaction. It is the same right a girl has when she refuses a customers because of xyz.

In the end everyone discriminates daily. It is only "wrong" if others do it....
    Last edited by Conrad de Montferrat; 08-06-11 at 22:48.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad de Montferrat View Post

It is Google choice to accept or reject customers - the same choice girls can reject clients or Apple Store is rejecting certain apps.

I call it freedom - and I also don't have any problems with discrimination - not at all. I have the right to tip a pretty waitress more than I would most likely tip an uglier one. I discriminate here due to looks. I prefer women and not at all men - so I discriminate gender. If I have an interview with someone applying for a job in the department I discriminate as well due to skills/intelligence.

Nothing wrong with that and I hate political correctness. If I run a business I discriminate as I want - my problem and no one should interfere. Sure discrimination could mean I lose business/money or have higher costs - but thats my own choice and my freedom to do as I please - nobody should force someone else to do a business transaction. It is the same right a girl has when she refuses a customers because of xyz.

Your point is partially correct, we do all discriminate, the issue is when that discrimination hurts or infringes on anothers rights. In this case google discrimination is continuing to pursue one agenda to the detriment of the other. The discrimination you highlight is personal choice and doesn't really hurt anyone, except the ugly waitress that you didn't tip as much, and in that case the tip should be for the service not the looks, but thats just my opinion, lol

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Your point is partially correct, we do all discriminate, the issue is when that discrimination hurts or infringes on anothers rights. In this case google discrimination is continuing to pursue one agenda to the detriment of the other. The discrimination you highlight is personal choice and doesn't really hurt anyone, except the ugly waitress that you didn't tip as much, and in that case the tip should be for the service not the looks, but thats just my opinion, lol
    I am not aware that placing an ad with Google is a basic human right and the denial of that infringes one...
    And the daily discriminations we made have real impact on other peoples earnings and lifes.
    Last edited by Conrad de Montferrat; 08-06-11 at 22:56. Reason: removing spelling mistakes

Surely Ruhama can have separate google search instead of sticking their nose in TOBLS. I know what you are saying that this is war of the wits; a simple tactic to discredit what TOBL is really all about by associating the name of TOBL with Ruhama in an underhand way. This is unfair cos they are two separate organizations.
    I think this make them look foolish.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

QueenBee (08-06-11)

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Surely Ruhama can have separate google search instead of sticking their nose in TOBLS. I know what you are saying that this is war of the wits; a simple tactic to discredit what TOBL is really all about by associating the name of TOBL with Ruhama in an underhand way. This is unfair cos they are two separate organizations.
    I think this make them look foolish.
    Yep that is indeed a bit strange. But the same behavior happens all the time in business life - you are searching at google for a certain product - but find instead the product of a competitor...
    Or you have even comparative advertisment (E.g.Cola vs Pepsi)
    And no one claimed life is fair.

P.S.: Someone might perhaps want to check if copyright or something similiar might be infringed if name of organisation "xy" is used as a keyword or so by organisation "ab". As far as I understand this is a grey area
    Last edited by Conrad de Montferrat; 08-06-11 at 23:17.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conrad de Montferrat For This Useful Post:

Nicole (08-06-11), QueenBee (08-06-11)

Reviews

Yep that is indeed a bit strange. But the same behavior happens all the time in business life - you are searching at google for a certain product - but find instead the product of a competitor...
    Or you have even comparative advertisment (E.g.Cola vs Pepsi)
    And no one claimed life is fair.

P.S.: Someone might perhaps want to check if copyright or something similiar might be infringed if name of organisation "xy" is used as a keyword or so by organisation "ab". As far as I understand this is a grey area
    Interesting observation indeed, and seeming to contradict your earlier defence of "thats business, suck it up" but I can see the nuanced difference. My only observation is, because it is common doesn't make it right, and that is what i was essentially saying. I do not like discrimination in any form, even in tipping watiresses!!!

Blog Entries

Complete Wankers !!!! That are ignorant.... And don't want to enjoy sex !!!!
    This is a crowd of spanners that are afraid of the unknown....... In case they to may enjoy a good fucking every now and again!!

Nina

xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to English Nina For This Useful Post:

Nicole (08-06-11), QueenBee (08-06-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast