Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karma...

Reviews

The actual word 'Karma' means doing. Therefore, when people say 'It's karma', it means it's your doing.

I believe in it, but not as some form of celestial force. If you do something, it has an effect, and that effect can be either positive or negative, and there are knock on effects that you can understand, but it would be too time consuming to follow through (like chaos theory).

So, to me, Karma is the human (or moral) name for causality, namely cause and effect, which is the only truism of the universe.
    Last edited by experiencedguy; 27-05-11 at 12:30.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to experiencedguy For This Useful Post:

sweethomes (27-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I like to do good turns for people regardless if Its returned at a later point then happy days but I like to be a nice person in general regardless ,as I feel I don't need the motivation of a 'payback' so to speak,to do good for others ,I strongly believe that it is are actions that play a major role in defining us there for I like to be genuine and nice to all.
    If you have any information in relation to human trafficking/pimped ladies

*Act responsibly freephone 1800 25 00 25 *

That one call could save a life

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BIGTYM2010 For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (27-05-11), mature abby (27-05-11), sweethomes (27-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

i dont know if its karma but i wouldnt pass another human being in need of help, do i think it will fuck up my day if i dont no not really, ...but if i do the lotto and theres a beggar in the street i get superstitious if i pass him and dont give him a few bob, as if it might affect me winning , ..so far my highest win is 54euro....
    a thousand kisses deep..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    i dont know if its karma but i wouldnt pass another human being in need of help, do i think it will fuck up my day if i dont no not really, ...but if i do the lotto and theres a beggar in the street i get superstitious if i pass him and dont give him a few bob, as if it might affect me winning , ..so far my highest win is 54euro....
    So are we to gather from this that u pass the beggars?
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    "What comes around, goes around" so the old saying goes, but who actually believes in Karma? Have you had any experiences that led you to believe that by doing a good turn rewards you at a later point or that being bad has a way of catching up with you?
    Not big into karma or that doing good deeds leads to rewards - I think the feel good factor when you know you have done a good deed is the true reward. As well if you treat people badly you are more likely to be treated badly.

I try and treat everyone with respect, I turn the other cheek and worst case I walk away - life is too short to get involved in agro.

I could never buy into this karma thing since a friend of mine some time ago lost her child few days after been born What did that baby do wrong ? how do u explain that?..

I don't believe in Karma, like the poster above says bad things happen to good people, and that rules out Karma for me. But I'll always treat others how I'd like to be treated, I think in the end things work out better that way

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    So are we to gather from this that u pass the beggars?
    you would think that by my lotto fortune, but no, i always give a few bob , its the old story from school it could be jesus in disguise....
    Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 27-05-11 at 16:54.
    a thousand kisses deep..

Blog Entries

A strong believer in karma also in reincarnation I'm sure they are very strongly linked
    Say u kill and eat a cow, in your next lifetime that's what u will become and the same horrid unnecessary pain will be inflicted upon you , and well that's your own doing or "karma"

But cows are so tasty - at least I suppose I'll come back tasty in the next life!

Reincarnation is something I would believe in somewhat though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast