Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: The Demise of Tiger Woods

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default The Demise of Tiger Woods

    This may seem to be an extraordinary thing to say but in my view Tiger Woods seems as if he
    will end up an underachiever, considering the talent and ability he had and the total dominance
    he had over the game of Golf. Woods hasnt won a tournament for 18 months and hasnt won a
    major for 3 years.
    Woods had won 14 majors at the age of 32 and it seemed all but a formality that he would
    overtake Jack Nicklauses 18 wins. Now Woods is 35 (will be 36 in dec) and suddenly it dosent
    look atall likely. He has dropped to no 12 in the world rankings, his lowest position in 14 years
    he is entering tournaments not finishing them due to injury etc. It seems like his body is starting
    to pack up and also mentally he dosent seem in the zone anymore. I think for him the most
    ominious thing is that his aura of invincibility has gone and i fear that once u lose that it will
    never return. There are a whole new generation of players coming on the scene and it very
    much looks like Woods dominance is gone never to return. I think it will be really hard for him to win 5 majors to surpass Nicklaus, in fact i think it much more likely he may not win another
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,153
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Ya it ain't looking good for him that's for sure. It's a pity cos he is (or was) one of the all time greatest. There have been some points in the last few months where he seemed to have upped his game a bit. But it was never consistent, not by a long shot. I agree with you that he won't ever dominate the game like he used to, but hopefully for his own sake he can come back and win a few championships again. Only time will tell. But one thing's for sure, this titan has fallen...

    I wonder who's gonna be the first golf-hater in here? My guess is Benny.
    I'm not insane, I'm adorably bonkers!!!

    © Frumsp & LDM Industries

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    It's puts into perspective the achievement of Nicklaus .: doc
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do .: doc

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,153
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    It's puts into perspective the achievement of Nicklaus .: doc
    The Golden Bear... Arguably the best golfer in history. Tiger could have been up there with him. And we all thought he would be too. But now though, that looks uncertain.
    I'm not insane, I'm adorably bonkers!!!

    © Frumsp & LDM Industries

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lost in the Matrix
    Posts
    6,801
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    The only thing in Tigers favour is that golfers have serious longevity in their sport compared to other sportsmen/women. I agree that he seems to have lost it over the last few years -thinking too much about pussy!!! (Now why does that sound familiar to me??). However, I still think he will make a comeback later in life. It may take 10 years but I still think we haven't seen the last of Tiger.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,153
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    The only thing in Tigers favour is that golfers have serious longevity in their sport compared to other sportsmen/women. I agree that he seems to have lost it over the last few years -thinking too much about pussy!!! (Now why does that sound familiar to me??). However, I still think he will make a comeback later in life. It may take 10 years but I still think we haven't seen the last of Tiger.
    I hope you're right Morph... It'd be great to see him roar again that's for sure. Btw I think we all think too much about pussy
    I'm not insane, I'm adorably bonkers!!!

    © Frumsp & LDM Industries

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lost in the Matrix
    Posts
    6,801
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Btw I think we all think too much about pussy

    Well I'm in real trouble LDM. I don't even have to think and I've got pussy on the brain 24/7!!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    The only thing in Tigers favour is that golfers have serious longevity in their sport compared to other sportsmen/women. I agree that he seems to have lost it over the last few years -thinking too much about pussy!!! (Now why does that sound familiar to me??). However, I still think he will make a comeback later in life. It may take 10 years but I still think we haven't seen the last of Tiger.
    I tend to disagree about the longevity, yes guys still play the tour into their forties but they arent in the top echelon and rarely
    win tournaments . The other thing is that like every sport the margins have gotten finer and the competition fiercer. I would
    imagine if he dosent reach the target in the next 3 years he wont ever reach it. What i could actuallly see happening is he will
    quit totally, i think his personality where he is a bit of a loner etc will make it very hard for him to accept that he is no longer
    the top dawg, he strived for perfection and i can imagine at the moment his frusturation must be total
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    My understanding was when he was at the height of his golfing powers, he thought of nothing other than pussy !
    The elephant is the ONLY mammal that can't jump

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    919
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    This may seem to be an extraordinary thing to say but in my view Tiger Woods seems as if he
    will end up an underachiever, considering the talent and ability he had and the total dominance
    he had over the game of Golf. Woods hasnt won a tournament for 18 months and hasnt won a
    major for 3 years.
    Woods had won 14 majors at the age of 32 and it seemed all but a formality that he would
    overtake Jack Nicklauses 18 wins. Now Woods is 35 (will be 36 in dec) and suddenly it dosent
    look atall likely. He has dropped to no 12 in the world rankings, his lowest position in 14 years
    he is entering tournaments not finishing them due to injury etc. It seems like his body is starting
    to pack up and also mentally he dosent seem in the zone anymore. I think for him the most
    ominious thing is that his aura of invincibility has gone and i fear that once u lose that it will
    never return. There are a whole new generation of players coming on the scene and it very
    much looks like Woods dominance is gone never to return. I think it will be really hard for him to win 5 majors to surpass Nicklaus, in fact i think it much more likely he may not win another
    I'm sorry to say he's pretty much finished in the sport, at least at the top level. Not sure if he's even completed a tournament since the Masters and once again he's been plagued by injuries. 3 knee surgeries and all sorts of back trouble throughout his career and at 35, the recovery time takes longer. He possibly has a major or two left in him if he can stay fit for long enough to get some form together but I doubt we'll see him playing into his fourties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •