Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamefull actions in Dublin

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why anyone would protest Lizzie's visit? Surely this is a chance just to bury the hatchet once and for all. Come on, it was almost a hundred years ago. It's time to move on surely and just let any remaining hate just dissipate off
    This obviously wont be popular looking at all previous posts but........YES the morons who took part in the firecracker throwing etc aint true republicans/nationalists ill bet.Most of em probably dont know the history of what went on ,so they should indeed be dealt with in relation to being thugs and causing public disorder for no reason other than using her visit as an excuse.However when Ladiesman says he cant understand why ANYONE should protest Lizzies visit my stomach churns.
    She is the head of an archaic and antiquated institution who see themselves as above each and every one who doesnt have an OBE/MBE or HRH in their name.That means you ,I and everyone else here Ladiesman.David Cameron etc i would have no problem with as he is an elected politician and leader of the country (and therefore more what a head of state should mean).But to see the traffic disruption,costs and sheer pandering that ensues when her or her like make official visits is disgusting.True..Our own president assumes a similar role on this side of the water....but where Lizzie differs is in the eliteist nature of what she is a part of.There are other royal dynasties around the world and in my opinion they are all as irrelevant and meaningless as each other .....................and that Ladiesman is why her visit should be protested (The history of the last 800 years is just extra fuel on the fire as to why she shouldnt be here).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

jayf1 (18-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    This obviously wont be popular looking at all previous posts but........YES the morons who took part in the firecracker throwing etc aint true republicans/nationalists ill bet.Most of em probably dont know the history of what went on ,so they should indeed be dealt with in relation to being thugs and causing public disorder for no reason other than using her visit as an excuse.However when Ladiesman says he cant understand why ANYONE should protest Lizzies visit my stomach churns.
    She is the head of an archaic and antiquated institution who see themselves as above each and every one who doesnt have an OBE/MBE or HRH in their name.That means you ,I and everyone else here Ladiesman.David Cameron etc i would have no problem with as he is an elected politician and leader of the country (and therefore more what a head of state should mean).But to see the traffic disruption,costs and sheer pandering that ensues when her or her like make official visits is disgusting.True..Our own president assumes a similar role on this side of the water....but where Lizzie differs is in the eliteist nature of what she is a part of.There are other royal dynasties around the world and in my opinion they are all as irrelevant and meaningless as each other .....................and that Ladiesman is why her visit should be protested (The history of the last 800 years is just extra fuel on the fire as to why she shouldnt be here).
    Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

xagerate (17-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    I respect yours too by the way.......Just wanted to point out why everyne shouldnt be enamoured with the decision to have her visit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (17-05-11)

7. Default

You are perfectly right to say what you did there, Its a democratic society we live in and therefore absolutely everyone has within their fundamental rights, a right to protest at anything they dont like. But the main reason for this thread was not to belittle the right of anyone to protest, it was at the trouble in Dublin today. That type of gangsterism and hooliganism has no place in modern society. I dont think anyone will disagree with what you said as everyone has the right to make views heard, thats what threads are for!!

Time to take off the blinkers mate and have a look at the big picture, the Queen will generate far more income for the Irish economy than it's costing to look after her on this visit and I'm afraid you are now in a very small minority of people wanting to drag out the Anglo Irish troubles of the past but unfortunately don't really know why they want to do it.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

9. The Following User Says Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (18-05-11)

Reviews

People in Ireland (a minority?) really need to let what happened in past centuries go.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (18-05-11)

Reviews

[QUOTE=City Gent;475674]Time to take off the blinkers mate and have a look at the big picture, the Queen will generate far more income for the Irish economy than it's costing to look after her on this visit and I'm afraid you are now in a very small minority of people wanting to drag out the Anglo Irish troubles of the past but unfortunately don't really know why they want to do it.

What a moron......Didnt you read what i said above.The post had little or nothing to do with "Anglo Irish troubles of the past" besides reference to why that history could be considered EXTRA fuel to the fire.Her and her like are eliteist ,and that is the reason why she should not be invited.And as for pandering (as i mentioned above)...you sir are typical of exactly the sort of people i mean.Your reference to the "bigger picture" shows you are part of the fraternity who will roll over and shed any morals or ideals if there is the slightest chance that we could cream a few quid from her visit.No doubt you will reply with some form of rebuttal to save face or hide your pandering ,so feel free to assume you are the bigger man when i dont waste time replying.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

jayf1 (18-05-11)

[QUOTE=xagerate;475697]
    Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Time to take off the blinkers mate and have a look at the big picture, the Queen will generate far more income for the Irish economy than it's costing to look after her on this visit and I'm afraid you are now in a very small minority of people wanting to drag out the Anglo Irish troubles of the past but unfortunately don't really know why they want to do it.

What a moron......Didnt you read what i said above.The post had little or nothing to do with "Anglo Irish troubles of the past" besides reference to why that history could be considered EXTRA fuel to the fire.Her and her like are eliteist ,and that is the reason why she should not be invited.And as for pandering (as i mentioned above)...you sir are typical of exactly the sort of people i mean.Your reference to the "bigger picture" shows you are part of the fraternity who will roll over and shed any morals or ideals if there is the slightest chance that we could cream a few quid from her visit.No doubt you will reply with some form of rebuttal to save face or hide your pandering ,so feel free to assume you are the bigger man when i dont waste time replying.

It's no good replying when your just talking bollix, as minorities tend to do.

CG
    Last edited by City Gent; 18-05-11 at 00:15.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

15. The Following User Says Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (18-05-11)

Have to agree it was mindless.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Reviews

I'm in Ingerland at the moment and the scenes of the trouble at the protest were only shown for a couple of seconds on BBC news coverage. Might have been more on our NI version.

I was worried the English media might focus on any trouble but they have focussed on the positives, which is a relief in terms of tourism and business. I was/am worried it was risky having her here for 4 days.

And personally and politically I don't agree with her visit but am in favour of good relations between the 2 countries.
    The elephant is the ONLY mammal that can't jump

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (18-05-11), City Gent (18-05-11)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast