Thread: are you F**king serious

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

The best ones are the ones where you press all the 2's and 3's, then get to join a queue. After three verses of the "your call is important to us ...." crap, you finally get "no one is available to take your call right now, please try again later. Goodbye.", and the fucking thing hangs up on you !!!

Customer call centres are popular where labour is cheap, i.e. India. There are generic companies out there with buildings full of people answering calls on behalf of whoever pays them to do it. On one side of a room you might have people serving HP, on the other side of the same room it could be BT. It's mad really .... you might think you're calling BT but you're not. You're calling some guy sitting in a crumbling building who has barely heard of BT but had been "trained" on how to answer questions that BT customers might possibly ask. He's reading it all from an operations manual.

No wonder the eastern world is about to overtake the western .... all the westerners are being driven slowly mad by the earterners !

One thing I suspect though is that any company who can offer a good and local customer service experience will prosper in the long run.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

kelso (16-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    The best ones are the ones where you press all the 2's and 3's, then get to join a queue. After three verses of the "your call is important to us ...." crap, you finally get "no one is available to take your call right now, please try again later. Goodbye.", and the fucking thing hangs up on you !!!
    i had exact same thing recently, i went through 3 different options menus, and was then forwarded to a pageboy thaqt politerly infomred me that the company i was tryiung to reach had gonr into liquidation in 2009!!!! i looked at fone, i was connected for 7 mins. FFS!!!!!
    rather than tgrow my fone at the wall i just counted to 5..... then i started gibbering foul language to myself like a f%^&in madman
    other than those tossers i fined our esteemed cale componies the worst for cust service

It's not so much putting you on hold that winds me up, although that does aggrovate me, but more so having to listen to the automated message for 10 minutes everytime the fecker's cut you off!!