Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: speed vans

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mathsteacher View Post
    yep this is what i was thinking myself, suppose will just have to wait and see
    I have eight so if it's your first two your not doing too badly.

where did ya get radar detector and how much is it and how effective???
    I had a radar detector for a while but still got caught...
    (my understanding is that) it's a tech race between the cops & the rd manufacturers LOL
    ( I also think) you can get fined heavily within IRL for possession of a RD!!
    the roads have got a lot better in recent years- there's no real advantge to speeding anymore- just give yourself an extra 10 mins, enjoy the ride & arrive alive

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (09-05-11), Rodney69 (09-05-11)

where did ya get radar detector and how much is it and how effective???
    I bought it on the internet, there are dozens of differents models ranging from € 30 to € 300. mine is a cobra 9730 kinda
    mid- range .It works with everything there is in this country(camera, speed- gun,laser..)it also have a counter detection feature and emergency/police vehicle advance warning .
    The best money I spent this year so far.
    Last edited by 10inchesandcounting; 09-05-11 at 18:38. Reason: spelling mistake

Reviews

i drive in a relaxed and careful fashion.
    i think people who speed are cocksuckers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (10-05-11)

Reviews

i aint doing mad speeds maybe 110km in 80km zone but some of the zones are limited very badly e.g straight road no houses or turns 50km!
    i dont suck cock warmcome but i dont like driving like miss daisy either.
    thanks for all the replies some useful info going to look into to that cobra 9730
    and then i can suck cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mathsteacher For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (09-05-11), warmcome (09-05-11)

You should invest in these for your motor, worth their weight in gold.

http://www.camerashyplates.co.uk/

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    I had a radar detector for a while but still got caught...
    (my understanding is that) it's a tech race between the cops & the rd manufacturers LOL
    ( I also think) you can get fined heavily within IRL for possession of a RD!!
    the roads have got a lot better in recent years- there's no real advantge to speeding anymore- just give yourself an extra 10 mins, enjoy the ride & arrive alive
    no real advantage to speeding, agree
    but it's damn hard when they set ridiculously low speed limits where it makes no sense like 50kmh on an open dual carraigeway. and it's these places they put the fecking speed checks.

I passed 5 of them in the space of 2 weeks in different places over a month ago. still haven't heard anything, but I could have 10 points if they call come in the post some day :-(
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

10inchesandcounting (09-05-11), ladiesman217 (09-05-11), Morpheus (09-05-11)

Reviews

I'm gonna suggest a cheap and easy alternative to buying all these fancy radar gizmos... Don't speed!
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    but it's damn hard when they set ridiculously low speed limits where it makes no sense like 50kmh on an open dual carraigeway. and it's these places they put the fecking speed checks.

I passed 5 of them in the space of 2 weeks in different places over a month ago. still haven't heard anything, but I could have 10 points if they call come in the post some day :-(
    Exactly!
    In my part of the country there is this 50 kms speed limit on a 1,5 miles long straight line. the damm van is there at all time day and night saving no lifes but making money for the exchequer.I have to drive past it 6 times a day every day, and this is really beginning to get to me.
    Iam not a speed freak, but here, they are really taking the piss!.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

warmcome (09-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post

Some of the speed limits on our roads are ridiculous. Whoever is in charge of setting these limits should be taken out and shot. A small, narrow meandering country road with potholes everyway has a limit of 80km, but a large, wide straight road that could fit 5 buses across its width has a limit of 50km??? Absolutely absurd.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast