Narcissistic personality disorder
A long time ago I realised the boards are full of people with a specific disorder: they do suffer of narcissistic personality. Luckily, the disorder is not contagious and there are still many people who don’t seem to be suffering from it.
From the main regular posters that are not escorts (that is all the non escorts posters minus the fakes, pimps and people who only log here once in a blue moon), I would say at least 1/3 is made up from narcissistic people. Another third is made up from easy “2 legs good, 4 legs bad” kind of people (Animal Farm reference for whoever gets it). The other third is luckily made up from normal people, with not so obvious issues.
First of all, the proportion of egotistic people comparing to the “followers” is way too big for the narcissists to feel comfortable. Hence the sometimes really annoying way of elbow pushing to post something that even if it’s not 0.1% percent original is a desperate way of screaming “look at me” at the top of the lungs
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.
Easy to spot, just think if any of the below ideas ever crossed your mind or you posted it here in some form or another. Do you recognise yourself in any of the below :
- Take it from ME
- I am a freaking LEGEND
- Escort X is the best BECAUSE I say so (even if I have seen 0 to 20 escorts from the thousands coming here in a few years).
- Variety is the spice of life? What variety? Give me tall, slim, leggy and busty women AT ALL TIMES. Or at least when I leave a review. After all, I wouldn’t eat my favourite food every time I sit down to eat but I will never review my food for the public, while my EI conquests will always be made public, so they need to reflect my EI status.
- She was great. But she didn’t praise my performance and didn’t allow me to stay 3 hours for the price of one. So, feck it, I will not give her a positive review or a recommendation, even if she deserves it.
- Who the feck she thinks she is? I am telling her for months I want to see her as some stage. Why she is not PMing me everytime she logs on, telling me how horny she is and what she will do to me? I am so upset, I will take my business elsewhere and I will never say in public she was on my “to see list”.
- This poster is pissing me off. He thinks he knows better then me? I AM THE MAN HERE !!!
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
The causes of this disorder are said to be unknown.
But … an overly sensitive personality and parenting problems may affect the development of this disorder.
A very difficult disorder indeed. Didn’t get enough attention in the past? Your brain may compensate and you’ll think you are Alexander the Great not yet understood by his silly fellow men. Did you get a lot of attention in the past and your mom always told you how great you are and how nobody will ever deserve your greatness? Once again, here we are with the narcissism.
• Have excessive feelings of self-importance
Once again, see above.
• Exaggerate achievements and talents
His reviews are more about his own performance and how the escort did or did not raise to the standard of his sexual greatness.
• Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love / woman / sex / escort
In reality, he may be the average Joe but here he sometimes likes to pretend to be Brad Pit with Steven Hawk brains and Ron Jeremy sexual stamina.
• Have unreasonable expectations of favourable treatment
Escorts should love him and send him special offers, friend requests, flirt with him openly, give him more time in an appointment and admit in public he is a stud. If the escorts are not very popular or not in the uber sexy category of slim, leggy and busty, he will not respond in public to those advances as the macho-ism has to be strong but in private he may respond as any attention is welcomed.
Mods are expected to let him have special treatment on the sole basis he is cool.
Other posters need to show a submissive attitude and re-iterate at any chance they get how much they like him and his choices. If not, they will get into his little mental black book and those people will always get the end of the stick from him in any future circumstances, unless they admit how wrong they were.
• Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
In order to gain followers they may pretend to be sympathetic for a while though.
Psychotherapy (for example, talk therapy) may help the affected person relate to other people in a more positive and compassionate way.
A cheaper alternative would be pissing off a down to earth lady escort who is going to sort you out for free if you engage in a public dispute. Names like Violette, Anna23, Lucy Chambers, Shirley etc. come to mind but once truly angered, more or less any escort with good English will became your best theraphy. Of course, your name will be covered in (public) mud but hey … there you are disease free, humble and innocent as a lamb
The outcome depends on the severity of the disorder. Some people are beyond salvation. In this case, they will never get better and the bitterness of seeing how they invested months and maybe years in allowing others to see how wonderful they are, with absolutely no result, will usually result in a long Goodbye thread. The person is still reading the forums or it’s even posting under a new user name though, he fancies another chance of showing his greatness under a new persona.
• Alcohol or other drug dependence
Those late night drunken postings are the funniest posts to read.
But it takes away the person ability to get read of the disorder.
Drugs are just dangerous. You will end up more likely with some reviews under your name and you won’t even know how they got there. So for your own mental sake, don’t.
• Relationship, work, and family problems
When accused by his wife, boss or mother that he is a “good for nothing lazy sod”, the narcissist person would always come here to prove her wrong. Maybe starting a thread about escort fees, or arguing with someone for a small unrelated matter … he’ll do anything and everything to prove he is “good for nothing lazy sod” but in fact he is the KING of such sods.
Now, I think it is enough for the time being.
Would I do the “followers” up next? They can be fun too …