Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: points on the licence

1. Default

well let them not speed then, it kills, pretty obvious, that why the goverment brought them in to stop people from speedin and killin people

2. Default

just to let you know 6 months to come out

Reviews

those Gatso vans are not out for safety they are just collecting more money for the government i see them all the time on the roads and i have never been caught slow down guys and starve the money making scam that it is

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Harry For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (01-05-11)

Reviews

it would fit the government better to fix the dangerous pothholes and have better road signs those gatso vans are always on good roads where you can do 80 km and they have it set for 50km where they know the will get you then you see small country roads with 80km where it should be 50 what a joke

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    it would fit the government better to fix the dangerous pothholes and have better road signs those gatso vans are always on good roads where you can do 80 km and they have it set for 50km where they know the will get you then you see small country roads with 80km where it should be 50 what a joke
    Christ don't get me started... My own road is a lethal death trap (tiny country road, barely fit 2 cars at same time) and the speed limit is 80!!! It's a f*cking miracle no one has been killed on it. And do the larger vehicles slow down for oncoming traffic? No course not. Giant arctic lorries rocketing down a road just wider than a passage at 80km without any consideration for what's in front of them. The amount of times I've nearly had to drive into the whole ditch just to avoid being killed is ridiculous.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (01-05-11)

Reviews

on roads that previously had a sign saying 30, they now have a sign
    saying 50. most people know this is to be in line with Europe mph/kph,
    but what if you're a thick cunt with a heavy right foot?
    Last edited by warmcome; 01-05-11 at 12:12.

Reviews

Anyone speeding through a town or village deserves the fine and the points. But 120 kph is a bit slow on the motorway as is 100 on good roads. Speed dosen't kill, stupity does the autobann in germany has no speed limit and is statistically one of the safest roads in europe. I have only 2 points drive very responsible, but I do speed every time I get in the car and always on my bike. I always drive within my means and allow for road conditions, haven't had a crash since I was 18 and that was a good while ago.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (01-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I have 8 points on my licence four to come of next month I will have to try and behave myself .

Reviews

i hold a clean licence for over 20 years. i see people really motoring
    in their cars (often women with kids too). i think people want to get things done,
    make money, make progress. they foolishly translate this into their driving style-
    as though driving faster will speed them up on 'the road' to success.

Reviews

What about the calls from a Kerry coroner for speed limiters to be brought in for people under 25? As someone who falls under that category, I personally don't think it'll solve anything. I consider myself a very safe driver for my age. It is not only young people who drive recklessly. People of all ages do. You always meet idiotic drivers every day and everywhere. Only a short few of these fall under 25 in my experience. I've had near misses with men and women alike well over their 40's and 50's who were 100% at fault. And sometimes on major single lane roads, such as the N20 from Limerick to Cork, I've been forced to break the speed limit of 100km in order to keep myself and others from harms way due to the outrageous driving of others.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...295545381.html
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast